6.0 Marshmallow: Connection Issues on T-Mobile

kinet3k

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Marshmallow connection issues

Hello all,

I'm "lucky" to get marshmallow update for my Droid Turbo 2. Droid Turbo 2 was my best phone ever...before the upgrade. Here you go:

1. Battery life really poor after update. Disabled wifi scanning and battery life is more or less back to normal (yet, still worse than before)
2. Nova launcher. I use central (O) button to expand quick settings. Now it expands with a speed of a snail. Nova states it's marshmallow bug which I trust because it used to work good before.
3. I use virgin pulse to sync with my max tracker. Guess what? It doesn't work anymore, used to work flawlessly before the update. Tried to sync with wife's iphone to check if the tracker works fine and guess what? It works fine with Iphone 6s.
4. And now the reason I've created this topic. My phone started loosing network constantly (I'm on t-mobile right now). Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG. Please find two attached images. My phone just looses network and rarely reconnects, it only works if I remove sim and insert it again or if I restart the phone and sometimes if I play with network settings changing them back and forth. And guess what? Before the update I haven't had a single issue using T-Mobile sim. Anybody have the same issue? And yes, first I went to t-mobile and got myself a new sim just in case. For me it looks like this update disabled some of the bands or decreased antenna power, or...t-mobile removed its antennas both from my condo and from my office which are 15 miles away right the day I updated to marshmallow.

Anyone with the same issues? While I can live with most of them if I don't fix the connection one I'll have to throw the phone out of the window.

and BTW, if somebody from verizon is reading this: FU Verizon and FU Verizon IT and FU Verizon 50k QA.
I've been on android for many years now, had dozen of phones and this is the first time I was screwed that bad because of an update which is supposed to add new features and make the phone even better.

Thank you.

kinet3k

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm "lucky" to get marshmallow update for my Droid Turbo 2. Droid Turbo 2 was my best phone ever...before the upgrade. Here you go:

1. Battery life really poor after update. Disabled wifi scanning and battery life is more or less back to normal (yet, still worse than before)
2. Nova launcher. I use central (O) button to expand quick settings. Now it expands with a speed of a snail. Nova states it's marshmallow bug which I trust because it used to work good before.
3. I use virgin pulse to sync with my max tracker. Guess what? It doesn't work anymore, used to work flawlessly before the update. Tried to sync with wife's iphone to check if the tracker works fine and guess what? It works fine with Iphone 6s.
4. And now the reason I've created this topic. My phone started loosing network constantly (I'm on t-mobile right now). View attachment 220567View attachment 220568. Please find two attached images. My phone just looses network and rarely reconnects, it only works if I remove sim and insert it again or if I restart the phone and sometimes if I play with network settings changing them back and forth. And guess what? Before the update I haven't had a single issue using T-Mobile sim. Anybody have the same issue? And yes, first I went to t-mobile and got myself a new sim just in case. For me it looks like this update disabled some of the bands or decreased antenna power, or...t-mobile removed its antennas both from my condo and from my office which are 15 miles away right the day I updated to marshmallow.

Anyone with the same issues? While I can live with most of them if I don't fix the connection one I'll have to throw the phone out of the window.

and BTW, if somebody from verizon is reading this: FU Verizon and FU Verizon IT and FU Verizon 50k QA.
I've been on android for many years now, had dozen of phones and this is the first time I was screwed that bad because of an update which is supposed to add new features and make the phone even better.

Thank you.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Marshmallow connection issues

Have you done a factory reset yet?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Sorry you're having a frustrating day, but please tone down all the FU and such. Hopefully someone here can help you.

It is notable that this a Verizon phone with an update provided by Verizon, so seeing interoperability issues isn't surprising, but it's also certainly not welcome. Good luck.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Number 2 is a known issue with marshmallow, as you say. It's been reported on action launcher as well.

While the phone is deigned specifically to be used on Verizon, they also intend that their users be able to use globally on GSM networks, so if that is also a problem outside the us, that's not good even for Verizon customers. Let's hope it gets fixed.

I know this is no help to you now, but if you're intending to use a phone on T-Mobile, in the future I'd stay away from buying a Verizon proprietary phone.

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

As for #1, it's your poor connection issues. As for 2 and 3, that's third-party app issues with MM. As for your poor connection, call T-Mobile. An FDR would be in order as well.

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site

Hello all,

4. And now the reason I've created this topic. My phone started loosing network constantly (I'm on t-mobile right now). View attachment 220567View attachment 220568. Please find two attached images. My phone just looses network and rarely reconnects, it only works if I remove sim and insert it again or if I restart the phone and sometimes if I play with network settings changing them back and forth. And guess what? Before the update I haven't had a single issue using T-Mobile sim. Anybody have the same issue? And yes, first I went to t-mobile and got myself a new sim just in case. For me it looks like this update disabled some of the bands or decreased antenna power, or...t-mobile removed its antennas both from my condo and from my office which are 15 miles away right the day I updated to marshmallow.

Thank you.

I'm in the same scenario:
-Had the Turbo 2 for about 3 months. It's been on t-mobile from day one with no connection issues.
-Installed the update and almost immediately began having issues with data and phone connection. It randomly drops out, sometimes in the middle of the night (while I'm on call!).
-Restarting or toggling network settings usually fixes it.
-I've also had multiple android phones on t-mobile. This was the best yet. Hopefully someone can solve this.

kinet3k

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site

So we are in the same boat. Did you do hard reset? Also, it seems to me that if wifi is disabled then connection doesn't drop, I've tested it a few times and if I disable wifi it works just fine and even though connection could be poor it does't drop it.

P.S. Admins, can you merge this and the other topic with the same name pls? I don't know why 2 topics were created;

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site

I did a FDR several days ago and the connectivity issues have continued.
The wifi toggle may be a connection. My issues seem to happen after reconnecting to normal remembered wifi at home and work.
I have also tried to change apn settings but have not seen any changes.

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site

I'm having the same exact issues with dropped signal. Randomly my phone will have no cell service at all. I'm also on t-mobile and had zero issues before 6.0. I did a FDR several days ago and the connectivity issues have continued.

kinet3k

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site

Thanks. Tried that. Added APN, disabled T-Mobile Binge or whatever is it, but still lose network when connected to wi-fi and now only restart helps.

kinet3k

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site

Have you done a factory reset yet?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Nope, not yet, in the next topic which was accidentally created another user tried FDR with the same issue but it didn't help.

kinet3k

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site

Number 2 is a known issue with marshmallow, as you say. It's been reported on action launcher as well.

While the phone is deigned specifically to be used on Verizon, they also intend that their users be able to use globally on GSM networks, so if that is also a problem outside the us, that's not good even for Verizon customers. Let's hope it gets fixed.

I know this is no help to you now, but if you're intending to use a phone on T-Mobile, in the future I'd stay away from buying a Verizon proprietary phone.

I had two weeks to try the phone on T-Mobile and didn't have any issues with that on 5.0. This is the only phone with shatterproof screen on the market and as this is crucial for me I really had no choice.

kinet3k

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site

Sorry you're having a frustrating day, but please tone down all the FU and such. Hopefully someone here can help you.

It is notable that this a Verizon phone with an update provided by Verizon, so seeing interoperability issues isn't surprising, but it's also certainly not welcome. Good luck.

Apologies for that, but killing a perfect 700$ with an update isn't something you expect every day.

kinet3k

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site

As for #1, it's your poor connection issues. As for 2 and 3, that's third-party app issues with MM. As for your poor connection, call T-Mobile. An FDR would be in order as well.

This looks like a reply from Verizon CSR. I already said above that I had no issues on 5.0. Also, in the other thread here the other user has the same issue with MM and DT2 on T-Mobile. Unless that guy works in the same office with me and lives in the same condo I don't think it's a coincidence.

kinet3k

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site

I'm having the same exact issues with dropped signal. Randomly my phone will have no cell service at all. I'm also on t-mobile and had zero issues before 6.0. I did a FDR several days ago and the connectivity issues have continued.

Can you check if your connection drops with wifi disabled? For me it seems to be a wi-fi related issue as if I disconnect from wifi connection isn't dropped.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Marshmallow connection issues

I had two weeks to try the phone on T-Mobile and didn't have any issues with that on 5.0. This is the only phone with shatterproof screen on the market and as this is crucial for me I really had no choice.

Sure. An expensive lesson, but now you know. There were several nexuses that I would have loved to have on Verizon but they weren't made available. Verizon had an exclusive with the first shatterproof screen. That's just the way it goes sometimes.

So, you had a choice, just not the one you wanted.

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site

I left wifi off for a day and had no connection issues to speak of. When I turn wifi back on and connect to wifi, I lose the cell/data connection soon after. Very frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo