losing paired Bluetooth devices

steveg2112

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's connected to the last update or a rogue app but my phone keeps losing its paired Bluetooth devices. I have had to re-add devices several times over the past week and they keep disappearing, anyone else seeing the same thing or have any advice?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just want to be sure -- the BT devices are actually un-pairing, or is the connection just dropping? From what you said, it sounds like the former, but I could see how some might interpret it the other way.

Ryan Cheesman

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if it's connected to the last update or a rogue app but my phone keeps losing its paired Bluetooth devices. I have had to re-add devices several times over the past week and they keep disappearing, anyone else seeing the same thing or have any advice?

Me too, driving me crazy. I thought it was a new app, but I uninstalled it and it's still an issue. Note it seems that this started after the update that enabled wifi calling.

Phillipk86

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Me too, driving me crazy. I thought it was a new app, but I uninstalled it and it's still an issue. Note it seems that this started after the update that enabled wifi calling.

I just got the Turbo 2 a few months ago, but just had all my paired devices removed with no apparent cause today. Hopefully it's a one time glitch or something.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Additionally, how do other devices pair with the item that's dropping? I have continued trouble with my phone unpairing from the speaker in my kitchen, but I watch the iPhone users in my house having to re-pair as well.

rhamnik

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Same on my Motorola Droid Turbo 2 (Verizon)... Ever since the last update in early October, I keep having to re-add all my Bluetooth pairings...they all (4-5 total) just randomly disappear. Had no problem with this for the entire time up until the update.

steveg2112

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So, I thought the problem had gone after deleting a suspect app but today they have all gone again. Not sure if it's the cause or related to but I noticed they had gone after picking up a rental car and connecting with android auto. It was when I went to add the car as a trusted device that I saw my other Bluetooth devices were missing. My own car was connecting fine earlier today

Last edited:

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Full Disclosure: I participated in soak tests for the MM update.

I had this issue during testing and so did several others. It was reported on the soak test forums but nothing was done about it. I have had this happen 4 or so times since they closed the soak test and pushed it out. This was sometime ago was the soak test but it seems to be the phone wiping them out we couldn't find any apps etc that seemed to do it.

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this same issue where all of my BT devices will suddenly become unpaired from my phone. It has only happened since the last update and seems to happen about once a month. I did a factory reset yesterday to attempt to address a completely different issue. Only time will tell if that has helped with the BT issue.

Marlinvx

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
It is definitely update related. Mine does the same, in conjunction with auto power off at 20-30% battery life. It will all of a sudden go to zero, power off. Plug it in, jumps to 30ish percent in less than minute. I tried reinstalling the update, same issue. My wife has the same phone, but does not have this problem. I have lost my Bluetooth list 8 or 9 times now...Sucks.

myuzickman

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
I just had this happen to me today. Everything wiped, and I had to reconnect. When trying to reconnect to my car, the "pairing" screen pops up and then disappears, then keeps appearing and disappearing. Even restarted my phone and it continues at random while driving. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me again, for the second time, today. All of my Bluetooth pairings and the custom name I had given my phone under the BT settings were spontaneously gone. There is no reason for this other than Android is unstable. Ridiculous.

leolson

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
This happens to me on my DT2 as well. Every single time my phone is rebooted I loose all of my Bluetooth pairings including my Moto 360 and my Moto Buds. This is very annoying. This is compounded by the fact that my phone seems to reboot every Wednesday afternoon like clockwork which is also pretty annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa