DROID TURBO: Rumored Specs

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I just hope it has Qi charging and the awesome battery life of the maxx I would be happy with a 5.5 screen. Better camera and my beloved VZW logo :p

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I almost wish it would have a 4.6" screen, but that is NEVER going to happen. This phone will have at least a 5.2" screen. They keep getting bigger...

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this is the wrong spot, I'm still new to these forums.

Any speculation on announcement date? Approximate guess on what the screen size would be on this? Think it'll be loaded with bloatware?
My story: I have been bearing with my G'Nex for about 2 years now, keep getting refurbs through VZW, but getting tired of that. I was anxiously waiting for the Note 4 because of screen size since I use my phone for about everything. But cell reception on Samsungs is usually equivalent to a fresh turd, so that's when I started thinking about the new Moto X, especially since I like the more vanilla experience of the G'Nex. But would like a larger screen, and the battery worries me a bit. Thus I'm wondering if I should wait for this.

nexxusmaxx

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this is the wrong spot, I'm still new to these forums.

Any speculation on announcement date? Approximate guess on what the screen size would be on this? Think it'll be loaded with bloatware?
My story: I have been bearing with my G'Nex for about 2 years now, keep getting refurbs through VZW, but getting tired of that. I was anxiously waiting for the Note 4 because of screen size since I use my phone for about everything. But cell reception on Samsungs is usually equivalent to a fresh turd, so that's when I started thinking about the new Moto X, especially since I like the more vanilla experience of the G'Nex. But would like a larger screen, and the battery worries me a bit. Thus I'm wondering if I should wait for this.
This article gives a good idea of the size...

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/1...y-to-verizon-wireless-charging-turbo-charger/

Apparently it just passed through the FCC.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This article gives a good idea of the size...

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/1...y-to-verizon-wireless-charging-turbo-charger/

Apparently it just passed through the FCC.

If everything on the FCC site is true then it would be my next phone, despite the bloatware and the droid sounds. This has potential to be phone of the year based on the specs alone, but with it only being on Verizon, for obvious reasons, that may not happen. Still, I'm just waiting on a press event for the Droids. Last year the Droid phones had their event first then the Moto X had its event and this year its flipped. I wonder why???

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If everything on the FCC site is true then it would be my next phone, despite the bloatware and the droid sounds. This has potential to be phone of the year based on the specs alone, but with it only being on Verizon, for obvious reasons, that may not happen. Still, I'm just waiting on a press event for the Droids. Last year the Droid phones had their event first then the Moto X had its event and this year its flipped. I wonder why???

Maybe Motorola didn't want anyone to be underwhelmed? The Droid Turbo specifications are capable of doing this.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

shady28

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I almost wish it would have a 4.6" screen, but that is NEVER going to happen. This phone will have at least a 5.2" screen. They keep getting bigger...

I just wonder...

So the 2013 Moto X was a 4.7" screen, made to be usable one - handed, and was their flagship for 2013.

Maybe the recently released "2014 Moto X" with the 5.2" screen was originally meant to be a successor to the Droid Ultra & Maxx (meaning a 2014 Droid MAXX might be a 2014 Moto X with a big battery - Originally meant to be the Ultra and Maxx).

And this "Droid Turbo" - with higher flagship specs (1440p + Snap 805) - maybe it was originally meant to be the flagship Moto X? Then the marketing guys got ahold of it and switched it all up?

Just a theory... given that these phones were undoubtedly on the drawing board last year when the Maxx / Ultra / Moto X were released, it would make sense.

If this is really a sub 5" Moto X (2013) format with top line specs, I'll be getting one.

heyeaglefn

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I just wonder...

So the 2013 Moto X was a 4.7" screen, made to be usable one - handed, and was their flagship for 2013.

Maybe the recently released "2014 Moto X" with the 5.2" screen was originally meant to be a successor to the Droid Ultra & Maxx (meaning a 2014 Droid MAXX might be a 2014 Moto X with a big battery - Originally meant to be the Ultra and Maxx).

And this "Droid Turbo" - with higher flagship specs (1440p + Snap 805) - maybe it was originally meant to be the flagship Moto X? Then the marketing guys got ahold of it and switched it all up?

Just a theory... given that these phones were undoubtedly on the drawing board last year when the Maxx / Ultra / Moto X were released, it would make sense.

If this is really a sub 5" Moto X (2013) format with top line specs, I'll be getting one.

Pretty sure it is going to be 5 if not 5.2. The sub 5 were incorrect calculations.

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I would be extremely happy if this ends up being < 5".

As of today I don't know of a phone that I would buy when my contract is up next month as I really couldn't care less about the monstrosities currently available.

Apple nailed it again with the dimensions and styling of the 6. If only we could run Android on Apple hardware...sigh.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
If that is the Droid Turbo I will be in line first day for one. Anyone want a deal on a gently used Droid Maxx lol

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
"Earlier leaks indicated the possibility of a 4.6-inch quad-HD display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440"

If this rumor turns out to be true, which I won't think it will, this might be the phone I've been waiting for...and I think I just wet my pants.

Could it be?...A manufacturer has finally pulled it's head out of its rear end, ignored the groupthink, and figured out that bigger is not better?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
"Earlier leaks indicated the possibility of a 4.6-inch quad-HD display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440"

If this rumor turns out to be true, which I won't think it will, this might be the phone I've been waiting for...and I think I just wet my pants.

Could it be?...A manufacturer has finally pulled it's head out of its rear end, ignored the groupthink, and figured out that bigger is not better?

It would many people too. Maybe they will do a Mini (4.7) and a 5.2.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

acedl

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Totally excited for this phone, heavy user here working in marketing. Looking at Moto X but ...not sure lots wows out there dashed with battery life comments. No one will ever make a truly great phone - bad for new sales!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez