Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Accessories and phones arriving in stores, expect imminent release

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Accessories and phones arriving in stores, expect imminent release

No way I'm putting a case on this beauty

Posted from the Avengers: Age of Droid Ultra

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

With all this news, anyone able to pick one up in store or online anywhere??

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

But, if I had to guess, expect it is store Thursday or preordered starts Tuesday and buy in stores the following..

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully this isn't like the G2 where they got the black one in and the store reps had never even heard of a white variant which didn't come out for many months afterwards.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

If I were to go in to a store today and ask to buy the Turbo, would a representative be allowed to go in the back and sell me one?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

If I were to go in to a store today and ask to buy the Turbo, would a representative be allowed to go in the back and sell me one?
According to Joe they are only receiving demo units today.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Any Tempered Glass screen protectors? I'm all over the Turbo if Verizon releases one instead of their normal cheapo plastic protectors only. I don't see any other manufacturer doing these so its up to Verizon.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Any Tempered Glass screen protectors? I'm all over the Turbo if Verizon releases one instead of their normal cheapo plastic protectors only. I don't see any other manufacturer doing these so its up to Verizon.

Why do you need one? I've never heard of anyone scratching their screen since the iPhone 3G days. They only seem to get in the way and cause excess glare.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Why do you need one? I've never heard of anyone scratching their screen since the iPhone 3G days. They only seem to get in the way and cause excess glare.

I believe sand will still scratch a screen. So if you have some dirt/grime in your pocket and some of that includes sand you'll get those microsratches.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Scratches can occur even from dust or lint in your pocket. Gorilla glass or whatever today's technology offers is not fool proof. If I am going to spend ~$600 on a phone, I am damn sure going to take care of it.

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

I believe sand will still scratch a screen. So if you have some dirt/grime in your pocket and some of that includes sand you'll get those microsratches.

To each his own I suppose. I can't say I ever had a scratch dating back to my original DINC days. I guess the tempered glass could help in a fall but I don't see it completely preventing a shattered screen.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

To each his own I suppose. I can't say I ever had a scratch dating back to my original DINC days. I guess the tempered glass could help in a fall but I don't see it completely preventing a shattered screen.

I've scratched Gorilla Glass in an empty pocket with no noticeable debris inside. I couldnt tell you how my Note 2 scratched but it happens. I baby my phones beyond belief.

wckesq

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

Will this phone be available for purchase tomorrow in store?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Yep, we have those as well.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys, if you want, post your questions and when I get out of work, I'll answer as much as I can. Sorry for the delay in my answers, I'm in and out of meetings, so I can't be on my device at already times.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

This is bad advice, screens can stick scratch and crack. Just me, I see it everyday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress