Droid Turbo: Battery Life

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
If it gets you through the day without an issue who cares? Seriously, you don't need the phone to last longer while its able to be on the charger while you sleep. I'm sorry but unless the phone dies on you during the day than there's no reason to be upset. I quoted you because it helps make my point but I am not actually singling you out.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

Because he didn't buy the phone under the pretense of "getting through the day". Lots of phones get through the day.
The KILLER spec on this phone was supposed to be the battery life. The enticement here is that if you CANT get to a charger within the day, or need to go beyond, you could make it because it should achieve 48 hour usage. If you're just making it through the day, well then in the situation however rare it may be that you can't charge it's going to let you down.

You're mentality towards it is like buying a car that supposedly does 0-60 in 4 seconds, finding out it does it in 10 seconds, but settling because eventually it gets you to 60.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Go to the battery stat menu before that, and tap the screen section. Post a screen shot of that it should show youre screen time. Unless you have an app, Wifi will remain on until you manually shut it off.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Pic of Wifi advanced settings? I think those hold your problem.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

Ah, that's where those settings are. I went and unchecked always scanning and avoid poor connections like you suggested. Although, I would think that avoiding poor connections would be a good battery saving thing wouldn't it? Or am I thinking about it wrong?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Because he didn't buy the phone under the pretense of "getting through the day". Lots of phones get through the day.
The KILLER spec on this phone was supposed to be the battery life. The enticement here is that if you CANT get to a charger within the day, or need to go beyond, you could make it because it should achieve 48 hour usage. If you're just making it through the day, well then in the situation however rare it may be that you can't charge it's going to let you down.

You're mentality towards it is like buying a car that supposedly does 0-60 in 4 seconds, finding out it does it in 10 seconds, but settling because eventually it gets you to 60.
Your car analogy is flawed.

As is your battery life. The Droid Turbo outlasts EVERY SINGLE smartphone released this year. If you could get through the day with the Galaxy S5 and claim all day battery life I'd say you never use your phone. I throw everything at my Droid and it lasts the whole day no matter what. 48 hours is based on ideal conditions that EVERY manufacturer uses in their laboratory tests. Of course none of us are going to see 48 hours but the majority of us will go without a charge until bed time. That doesn't change the fact that the Turbo has amazing battery life even though you all take the 48 hour claim as...

"They claimed 48 hours so I should be able to get that much display time! Why am I only getting 6 hours?!"

The only car analogy you can use is gas milage and guess what? Those too vary!

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
My car analogy wasn't 'flawed'. It represented settling for something less than advertised.
And I haven't seen a single screen shot of a droid turbo that's had better battery life than my moto x. which is 1500 mah less battery capacity.

No one said they were expecting 48 hours SOT. But it should be considerably better than the 3.5-5hr SOT that seems to be the average.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Go to the battery stat menu before that, and tap the screen section. Post a screen shot of that it should show youre screen time. Unless you have an app, Wifi will remain on until you manually shut it off.
Yes. I'm using an app that should turn off wifi when I leave my house. I'll have to check that tomorrow. That may not be helping things. It lists wifi as using only 8% though.

Here is the screen time.

91c68537fe1a854a4b2fe7d6908de063.jpg

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My car analogy wasn't 'flawed'. It represented settling for something less than advertised.
And I haven't seen a single screen shot of a droid turbo that's had better battery life than my moto x. which is 1500 mah less battery capacity.

No one said they were expecting 48 hours SOT. But it should be considerably better than the 3.5-5hr SOT that seems to be the average.
It is flawed.

Gas mileage = Battery life. Represents how far you can go on one tank of gas/charge.

Processor speeds = 0-60 in a car.

Your battery life will vary highly due to screen brightness, activities done, display on time, talk time, idle time, etc.

Your gas milage will vary from tire pressure, road conditions, temperature, idling, rapid acceleration, etc.

That's comparable. If you feel the Turbo battery isn't great than I welcome any of you to go back to what makes you happy. This thread should be about helping others achieve better results. Not about "Motorola lied!". That doesn't help anyone. Now, show your MotoX battery life and we will see how good that thing gets.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
People get so ****hurt when you make logical points against a device they own, like you're talking about their child lol.
I could care less if someone dislikes a device that I bought. It doesn't have any effect on me at all so why would I care? I'm making a point that if you're on Android Central you're more than likely not the "Average User" that 48 hour estimate targets.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
@Snareman If you have the "always scanning" checked the battery report will show wifi on all the time even if you've turned it off. Because it's always scanning. Unchecking that should solve the problem. In all likelihood your app is probably turning it off per your setup.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Processor speeds would equal hp in a car, and 0-60 would equal benchmark tests if you want to play this silly analogy game.

And you talk about helping people achieve better battery life, yet your posts are putting down people who are complaining about their battery life. Go take a look in a mirror boss.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Processor speeds would equal hp in a car, and 0-60 would equal benchmark tests if you want to play this silly analogy game.

And you talk about helping people achieve better battery life, yet your posts are putting down people who are complaining about their battery life. Go take a look in a mirror boss.

Take a look? I've helped more people on this site than most of you in here. You're all coming into these threads ******** about battery because of a rough 48 hour claim. Yes, its not what you expected but unfortunately no estimates are ever as promised. We can help each other get the best battery possible for a given situation. If you're going to be away from a charger for ages than you gotta disable sync, lower brightness, etc. Or get a portable charger. I've gotten 6 hours of display time + 2 hours talk on one charge with about 10% to spare. The battery lasts as long as the Droid Maxx ever did for me.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I could care less if someone dislikes a device that I bought. It doesn't have any effect on me at all so why would I care? I'm making a point that if you're on Android Central you're more than likely not the "Average User" that 48 hour estimate targets.

I didnt say i don't like the droid turbo. But there's a problem where it's not getting the battery life it should given the specs. And pointing that out makes you very upset it appears ;)

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Take a look? I've helped more people on this site than most of you in here. You're all coming into these threads ******** about battery because of a rough 48 hour claim. Yes, its not what you expected but unfortunately no estimates are ever as promised. We can help each other get the best battery possible for a given situation. If you're going to be away from a charger for ages than you gotta disable sync, lower brightness, etc. Or get a portable charger. I've gotten 6 hours of display time + 2 hours talk on one charge with about 10% to spare. The battery lasts as long as the Droid Maxx ever did for me.

I get 6 hours of display time every day with a moto X with a considerably smaller battery. The turbo should get better battery life than that. It's a simple concept. Even with the higher resolution display and faster clock speed, it should be able to achieve a noticeably larger display time then that.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I didnt say i don't like the droid turbo. But there's a problem where it's not getting the battery life it should given the specs. And pointing that out makes you very upset it appears ;)
I'm more upset that I spent 2 hours carrying my noobish friends in Destiny RAID and all I got was Shards when I need Raid legs, lol.

The issue with message boards is you're taking it one way and I'm meaning it another. Vice versa on my end too. I'm making a firm point but in no way am I calling you out or trying to be an ***.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I get 6 hours of display time every day with a moto X with a considerably smaller battery. The turbo should get better battery life than that. It's a simple concept. Even with the higher resolution display and faster clock speed, it should be able to achieve a noticeably larger display time then that.
6 hours? Wow, I have never seen someone get that. I think your phone some how got a Turbo battery, lol. ;)

In all seriousness I don't know why that would be. It shouldn't. Come on Lollipop!

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Take a look? I've helped more people on this site than most of you in here. You're all coming into these threads ******** about battery because of a rough 48 hour claim. Yes, its not what you expected.

Oh I see, because you "help more than anyone else here" you've got a free pass to ***** at the people who are unsatisfied with the battery life claim.

You mentioned how being on here would mean probably more than an average user. Being on here we nitpick EVERY last spec and detail down to the smallest minuta. Display resolution, processor speed, benchmarks. The details are why we discuss things here. But you're perfectly ok with being as vague with battery life as "getting through the day". Pick and choose what details you don't want to discuss.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
@Snareman If you have the "always scanning" checked the battery report will show wifi on all the time even if you've turned it off. Because it's always scanning. Unchecking that should solve the problem. In all likelihood your app is probably turning it off per your setup.

This guy gets it ^^^^^

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo