Droid Turbo: Lollipop software update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stev3cox

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
There hasn't been an update on this thread for several hours. Why? It has been implied that we would get continuous updates.

I have seen updates on other threads. The samsung, lg, and nexus boards are all getting updated threads and posts. I don't think we will ever get another update on this thread.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Either way, we're getting it way too late. :)

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx

Better late than never... The bugs I had on my nexus 7 2013 were bad. Let them work out the kinks. Even the GPE edition moto x 2012 doesnt have an update and it was rumored to be out months ago.

RJ_Butler

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Better late than never... The bugs I had on my nexus 7 2013 were bad. Let them work out the kinks. Even the GPE edition moto x 2012 doesnt have an update and it was rumored to be out months ago.

Wait, what? The Moto X came out in 2013, and there wasn't a GPE because it already has nearly stock Android. What are you talking about?

RJ_Butler

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Meant 2013, and a coworker has a gpe edition bought directly from google.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

Ah, easy mistake. You might be referring to the Pure Edition though, it's the same as the normal Moto X, minus carrier bloat. A GPE Moto X would just be a Nexus 6 Mini.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Meant 2013, and a coworker has a gpe edition bought directly from google.

The only GPe from Motorola was a variant of the first gen Moto G.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The only GPe from Motorola was a variant of the first gen Moto G.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Sorry, the time I have spent on this site in the last year will add up to an hour. I have been at the gun range way more.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Ah crap, The 5.1 update can't make the phone any worse then what it is now. At least that's the way it is with mine. Can't use AC at all, phone disconnects. So it's turned off completely. Have to use a network extender now, 1X dBm without extender -120!!!! Never had to use extender with Samsung. Okay, enough complaining. All ya get from Verizon is.......we'll start a ticket to fix.......1 day later.....ticket closed cause "they" can't find anything wrong.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Ah crap, The 5.1 update can't make the phone any worse then what it is now. At least that's the way it is with mine. Can't use AC at all, phone disconnects. So it's turned off completely. Have to use a network extender now, 1X dBm without extender -120!!!! Never had to use extender with Samsung. Okay, enough complaining. All ya get from Verizon is.......we'll start a ticket to fix.......1 day later.....ticket closed cause "they" can't find anything wrong.

I'm having the same issues with AC calling and missing phone calls so they go straight to voice mail. It started about 2 weeks ago. I call support they give me the normal "restart your phone", doesn't work, we'll start a ticket, a couple days later nothing is wrong so ticket is closed. I've had 2 issues with my iPhone 6 plus too but I went to an apple store and the first time they fixed it, the 2nd time they replaced my phone (different issue than the first). Android is a more capable device but Apple support cannot be beat. So for now I'm carrying my 6 Plus as my daily until either the 5.1 update comes and hopefully fixes these issues or my Edge contract is up and I can get something different.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
No it will be a 5.1 broke my phone forum.

Yeah this is true although this forum is kind of for chatting and tech support so it is to be expected. I know I am having a lot of software problems as of late and I cannot wait to see if this update fixes it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.