Anyone switch to the Turbo from a 2014 Moto X?

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello there... I was hoping to get some feedback from those of you who have a Turbo and have also used or switched from the Moto X. How does the battery compare? I'm working my way through the battery thread, and the Turbo battery life seems hit and miss. On my 2014 X, I get about 12 - 16 hours off the charger, and around 2 hours of SOT before the battery dips below 20%. This is roughly comparable to what I experienced on the 2013 X. I'm also considering switching to the S6, but want to wait to see how the reviews come in for that. Any feedback is appreciated..

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
My best for screen on time is 9 hours 20 minutes with 13% left after 16 hours off charger.
On the flip side, I've had 40 hours off charger with only 3 hours screen on time and still had 55% remaining.

I debated between the X and Turbo (especially since I had snagged a $1 code back around the holidays) but went with the turbo because of the battery life.

Sent from my Ballistic Turbo

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had both and used them as daily drivers. Battery was almost exactly 2x longer on the turbo. I also found the '14 x battery to be about the same as the '13 x.

The biggest flaw with the turbo in my experience is the extreme shutter lag on the camera which has not been fixed despite an OTA going out. If that doesn't matter to you then the phones are pretty similar in function other than the weight.

jonsnowden

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had both phones as daily drivers and choose the turbo just because of its spec advantage. The battery on my 14 x would last 16hrs (2hrs screen on, 2 hrs voice calls. running 5.0 also). The battery on my turbo last about 1 day 12 hrs with 3 hrs screen on and 2hrs voice calls.

Posted via the Android Central App

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2014 Moto X and love it, with no complaints about battery life, but a friend of mine has a Turbo, and there's really no comparison in the battery department. The Turbo is a battery beast and really shines when it comes to battery life, so if that's what's most important to you, then the Turbo should be at the top of your list. I can't speak for what Samsung has up their sleeve with the S6, but it's going to have TouchWiz, albeit supposedly "cleaner," so even if the battery life is amazing I'd still go with Motorola. Just my opinion, though.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have both the Moto X and the Droid Turbo (just got last week). There is no contest when it comes to battery life. The Turbo just has that much more juice to play with. I don't pay attention to the stats, but I haven't yet come close to worrying about whether I'll make it through the day on the Turbo, but I'd often top off the X off before doing something at night.

The rest of the experience, to me, is nearly identical. The biggest difference is the feel in hand...the weight difference is significant.

Posted via the Android Central App