The Official Blackberry Convert Thread

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Good riddance 8330.
Suck it 9530.
I hope you die you POS 9630.

Farewell my dear friend BBM. :(

I have to hold out hope that GTalk will eventually incorporate group messages into the mobile app.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
See ya AT&T and Bold 9000. Never used BBM once.

All contacts and calendar items funneled into gmail. All other email accounts forwarding into gmail as of this morning. I didn't preorder the X until the last day available (the 10th) so I won't be getting mine tomorrow, but I'm ready to go and excited to try the android OS for the first time.

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm going through the conversion process with my local priest. Would you believe he never had a request like this before?

Also I'm going Office Space on my Storm!

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Chucking the Storm. OS6 videos were a letdown for me.

same here. I was going to hold out for a storm 3, but when I say how lame OS6 looked, I made my mind up to bail out. BTW....my son wants to "blend" my storm. I am tempted, but I'll hang on to it just in case I need to use it as a backup! (hopefully not though.)

volcom.airsoft

May 12, 2010
Visit site
same here. I was going to hold out for a storm 3, but when I say how lame OS6 looked, I made my mind up to bail out. BTW....my son wants to "blend" my storm. I am tempted, but I'll hang on to it just in case I need to use it as a backup! (hopefully not though.)

XD record it, blend it & send the video to "blendtec inc." Hopefully you'll be on YouTube with the "Will It Blend" series :p

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I just want to say that I LOVE that there are so many people going from RIM to Google here. I think it's a real testament to the type of people blackberries were marketed to with Verizon, and how it really missed the mark. We were all led to believe that the Storm was going to be the answer to the iPhone, but that promise fell WAY short of the mark. We've been burned, but we've also been stuck with a contract. The release of the Droid X is timed perfectly with lots of peoples contracts ending or annual upgrades available (I'm the former). I haven't talked to a single storm owner who is happy with their phone after using it for an extended amount of time. Bring it on, Google, let's see what you've got!

wow.....you hit the nail on the head! They really did market the S1 as an alternative to the Iphone. people like myself were looking for a "high tech" device but didn't want to leave verizon. The S1 really looked like the part! cool new touch screen with click selection (still like that technology if the screen didn't have sensitivity/response issues). The biggest issues with the S1 was teh lack of device memory (which is truly inexcusable on RIMs part) and the terrible operating system....needing constant bandaids.

If it weren't for all the hybrids OSes out there, I would have given up on my S1 a long time ago.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Good riddance 8330.
Suck it 9530.
I hope you die you POS 9630.

Baaaaaahahahahahhahaha:D

I had an 8330 and a 9630. My roommate has a 9510 or 9520. They all suck. BlackBerry phones are great for the first... month or so that they're out. Then the polish wears off and you see the same problems underneath. Probably applicable to ALL platforms... but Android hasn't been mainstream long enough to get stuck in a rut, unlike BB.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

I'd keep it, personally. I'm keeping my Tour.

A) If you have any plans to travel internationally, the DX won't work. Storm and Tour BBs will, they have GSM antennas. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

B) If you're in an area where Verizon doesn't have service, the S1/S2/Tour will roam on GSM carriers (AT&T, T-Mo, etc.) Again, something the Droids can't do.

C) I just realized I don't need multiple points: If you EVER think you MIGHT need a GSM phone, keep your storm.

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
S1 to Droid. Quadcam says it perfect. Only thing I will add is that I was in denial about my s1. Droid rocks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

tlc246

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
The Curve 8330 was my first phone ever; about a year ago. I can't wait to jump ship. No more battery pulls which were enough to make anyone jump overboard. I can't wait til tomorrow, there's not too much I will miss certainly not bbm, I deleted that after the first month I had the phone.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
B) If you're in an area where Verizon doesn't have service, the S1/S2/Tour will roam on GSM carriers (AT&T, T-Mo, etc.) Again, something the Droids can't do.

This is a little wrong... Internationally, you can make use of the GSM capabilities of the Storms and Tour; however, domestically these devices will NOT roam on GSM carrier networks unless you have a sim card from one of those carriers installed and the device unlocked. Verizon has international roaming agreements with GSM carriers, not domestic agreements.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
This is a little wrong... Internationally, you can make use of the GSM capabilities of the Storms and Tour; however, domestically these devices will NOT roam on GSM carrier networks unless you have a sim card from one of those carriers installed and the device unlocked. Verizon has international roaming agreements with GSM carriers, not domestic agreements.

Ah. A call center rep told me that at one point and I thought it sounded kinda odd... but I was calling to unlock it for exactly that reason, so maybe I just got confused. not the first time that's happened.

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually keeping my S1 (Waiting for the S3/LTE/OS6) and I am going to be adding a line for the DX. At the rate Android is developing, I may end up leaving BlackBerry all together soon, but, for now, I am going to have both!

Same here, but I sold my S1 and kept my 8330 as a back up. After living with the S1 issues for a year, I'm certainly looking forward to getting my hands on the X. (BB appointment is set for 10:30 am in the morning) :D

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I think we should start a "Death to BlackBerry" cult, everybody stands around with Android phones chanting, "Death to Blackberry", we'll start sacrificing chickens and locks of VZW employee's hair, burning it in the center of a Pentagram... burning candles on the points of the pentagram, and hopefully the devil will be summoned to kill all BlackBerry's on the Earth.

javroch

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Unlike most of the other S1 users, from what I've read, I'm actually gonna miss the phone. I'm one of the few that actually likes SurePress.

spun2u

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I sold my S1 as it was crap, but I have always liked my 8330, because of the physical keyboard. I'm not a huge fan of touchscreen keyboards, but I'm hoping the X's large screen size will finally win me over.

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
the only reason i left bb is the browser is total ass on all of them and the games suck,but there email is first rate and can not be stopped but its not enough to stay anymore!

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Guys I'm so mad right now. I was number 12 on the pre-order list, and Best Buy called me today saying they only got FIVE in and that I would have to wait until next week to get the phone. MORE time on the Blackberry. RAWR!

It's not the end of the world, though. I have to be in court tomorrow at 9AM so I won't be able to wait outside, but my dad offered to go wait in line for a fee of $10 and buy it for me with my credit card. As soon as he buys it, I'll cancel my pre-order with Best Buy and enjoy the Droid X :)