The Official Blackberry Convert Thread

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I loved BerryBuzz for my BlackBerry too and I did find an Android app for this but it had bad reviews and said it didn't work all that well. If I find it again, I'll hit you up but you might not want it.

If someone knows of one that works, let us know 'cause I really liked it.

EDIT: here it is Blink - Flash LED in Your Way - Android app on AppBrain

did u try it?
how many colors do the DX have?

FYI... I LOVE MY DX omg iPhone&Blackberry i have 2 words for yea, Suck it!

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have just listed my 9650 on ebay. This marks the end of blackberry for me and the beginning of android.

Now the best part about this is that I will make more than what I paid for the X back. This means I sold a bad phone for an amazing one and made some extra charge.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

UPEngineer

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
And for a guy that said I would never leave BlackBerry and my Tour, all I can say is good riddance and I won't look back.

I saw a preview of the OS6.0. The icons STILL look like windows for workgroup 3.11 running on Windows 7 LOL. Same ole, same ole.

I'm having a blast!

Burge

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I like seeing how many people on this thread just joined the site...much like myself. Just got my shipping notification and I'll have the X tomorrow.

I can't wait to pull the battery on my Storm...and leave it pulled!

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Storm2 to Moto X

Hi Everyone - Long time BB user here coming from, most recently, a Storm2. I like the BB Platform and OS, but enough is enough. I need the ability to browse the web effectively, which is one of the main reasons I am "jumping ship".

It all started in the fall when all of my BBM contacts started getting Android devices - Literally - I have 3 BBM contacts left - two of which don't know what the heck they are doing with it anyway. So, one of the coolest parts of the BB experience is null and void for me.

Then, I was traveling in Philly for business, and needed to access the Septa Train schedule - only to realize that my S2 could not/would not zoom in enough on the schedule PDF to see the train times. Later after the trip, I tested it on my bud's EVO and it worked fine. It's things like this that irk the BB fans to no end (truncated e-mails, web browsing, blah blah blah).

Our family has a Video camera that is not working. I was thinking I could use the X as our Video Camera on our trip this next week (that's how I pitched it to my wife, good thinking, eh?). So, I am looking forward to getting the device tomorrow, since the VZW store sold out this morning.

First post of many - hello to all the Crackberry people out there too. Looking forward to helping/getting help with the Android OS. This is an exciting time in the smartphone world for sure.

Thanks.

mhutsell3

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am calling the store manager again tomorrow to see if they can do something. Anyone had any luck with getting to upgrade early? I only need 10 days now, July 26th is my upgrade date. Come on VZW give a good customer a break would ya?

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am calling the store manager again tomorrow to see if they can do something. Anyone had any luck with getting to upgrade early? I only need 10 days now, July 26th is my upgrade date. Come on VZW give a good customer a break would ya?

My experience in Store vs. Calling Customer Service is night and day, respectively. Call Big Red CS - they will take care of you - especially since you are 10 days out. No problem. Let me know how it works out.

Dan0384

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry Convert - A few questions

I love my X. (though I can say, 4.3" is almost too big. I find some actions a bit cumbersome.) I did have a few questions.
With my curve, I could set sound profiles (normal, work, school) Is there an app that can do something similar? the sound settings seem a little absent.

Also, is there anyway to get rid of the Moto Bloatware? I have no use for Blockbuster or Amazon and while these and others may not take up too much space on my phone, they take up space in my menu.

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I am also patiently waiting for my FedEx knight-in-shining-armor. Giving up my Storm 1. Hasn't been that bad, it was my first smartphone so I really have no comparisons. Can't wait to try the X!:p

lemcoe9

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
1 thing imma miss most is BBM- guess ill just use the WiFi to BBM now tethered to my DX :)

since i have Storm2 BB Car/Home chargers question is are they voltage compatible with the DX? its the same plug in-

Yes all the handsets that use micro USB will work with each other. I haven't even taken the charger that came with the X out yet, I've just used my blackberry chargers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I still have my Storm1, and I'm trying my hardest to be patient and wait until the 21st when my actual new every two kicks in, even if it is only $50. I'm just hoping that they're not too far into the backordering by then. Hate to have to wait til August to get my phone :( But I've dealt w/ this brick of a phone for over a year and a half now, I guess a few more weeks won't kill me.

peargirl

Jul 16, 2010
www.peargirly.com
I'm another *former* BB user who's upgraded to the Droid X.

I think I'm in ♥ although I am having trouble typing on it, but I'm sure that will come in time.

There are some things about BB I do miss...BerryBuzz, Ubertwitter...BBM, although my husband and I are using Gtalk, and that works well enough.

And I sync'd my entire facebook friends into my contacts like an idiot, so I need to figure out how to get them all out of there and fix all of that.

Curious to see how the battery life is without me messing with the phone for hours at a time too...

RIP BB Tour...we had a good run ;)

mhutsell3

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, on the phone with Big Red CS and they say I can upgrade at the promotion price even 10 days early. Woo Hoo!!! :cool:

Hopefully they still have them in the Indiana Warehouse and it wont take too long to get it to me.

Say good bye to my Storm 1 soon!!!!

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
My experience in Store vs. Calling Customer Service is night and day, respectively. Call Big Red CS - they will take care of you - especially since you are 10 days out. No problem. Let me know how it works out.

That actually was my upgrade date and I had no problems going in the store and grabbing the X.

They have that promotion where anyone upgrading in 2010 can upgrade early.

kajii

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Tour I can definitely say this thing is a big update. When I'm on Wifi this thing loads up web pages like nothing. A forum I visit frequently has a thread that is nothing but pictures, the X loaded it fast and browsed it without any lag.

The only thing I miss so far would probably be... nothing really. Swype is amazing and is making the transition from physical keyboard to virtual a painless one.

Oh, one thing... I feel like the picture quality on my Tour is better than the X.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress