Todays supposed update

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Really wanting this update due to my horrible battery life I called vzw this morning and the tech support said this update is coming for another 30 days?

My battery life is horrible, dies in a few hours but I don't think it's the battery something with the software because if I restart it jumps back up.

There advise is to replace the battery.

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
yeah my battery was terrible the first two days, since then though it's been really good. though I've switched to launcher pro and stopped using all the moto widgets so that may have helped too.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I called vzw this morning and the tech support said this update is coming for another 30 days?

I doubt the phone reps would be able to accurately determine when the updates coming. I am assuming this week most likely. Maybe 30 days is more like the FroYo update.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Really wanting this update due to my horrible battery life I called vzw this morning and the tech support said this update is coming for another 30 days?

My battery life is horrible, dies in a few hours but I don't think it's the battery something with the software because if I restart it jumps back up.

There advise is to replace the battery.

I don't have any serious battery issues. Seems to be right in line with the original droid.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
The reps will have no idea of updates.

Without bashing anyone you have to remember that you are asking someone on the first floor about something that happens on the 30th floor. I mean Verizon has at least 10,000 or so people that work for it. Not everyone can know everything or have access to the same info as everyone else.

TallyHo

Junkie
Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Yep.....I'd say gid rid of all the Moto Widgets. I installed awd.launcher and the only widget i have running is Google Search and my battery life is outstanding.....well, outstanding considering I have this monster 4.3 inch screen and I'm constantly screwing around with the phone :)

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Chances are by the time the front line reps know exactly when an update will be out it will have already been posted here and on engadget.