screen durability

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
How durable is the screen of the x? I had a screen protector on it. (Non reflective) and it really messes with the overall resolution. I took the protector off and im concerned about scratches. I do use the belt clip that faces the screen in...

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I went a few days without one and it scratched easily. It isn't corning gorilla glass.

Actually it is gorilla glass and it is fairly durable. However it isn't scratch proof. I'd advise using a screen protector if you absolutely do not want even the smallest of scratches.

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Its been almost 1 month with my phone completely naked- no scratches as of now

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Same here. I did have a screen protector on it for about ten mins though and hated the way it looked and felt so I took it right back off.

King Neptune117

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
the screen durability is not good. I dropped it from - no joke - two feet, and the top right of the screen is not cracked. I feel like an idiot for dropping it. Every time I look on these forums I cant help but think to myself, well nobody else has a cracked screen. Turns out that my mom got me the insurance when she bought the phone for me, but now im wondering if i can trust assurion to give me a non screwed up phone, since the ones they give you are refurbished...

newob

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I've always put a Zagg Invisible Shield on my devices from minute one. No notice of any resolution/brightness/clarity degredation.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I would guess this is the same glass used on the droid2? My bro in law has one and he says the screen is really durable? I guess I'll find out

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Its scratch resistant but sand can still wear it down. It can take a pretty decent frontal hit, but an angled one where the bezel is at its thinnest might hurt it. There was a Trampoline guy that landed face first on an end and the phone bowed in the middle but the Gorrilla glass stayed straight and intact even though the screen below it had cracked all over.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have the anti glare screen protector on mine. It helps with glare but does make everything not as vibrant.

Exactly why I removed mine. I'm way happier with the look now. I wasn't paying attention when I bought them. I was too excited to get the x into my meat claws