2.2 nuked my X... stuck at bootloader

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
So I tried to install the 2.2 update this morning on my X. It was rooted, but I didnt remove anything. The update downloaded, and I hit install. The phone looked like it ran through the install process, but when it rebooted, it went to the black bootloader screen, giving several errors, and saying connect USB. It looks like there is no OS on the phone. I went into recovery and did a factory reset, no change. Its stuck.

I have the stuff at home to SBF to 2.1, but now Im reading that I cant do that. The phone never booted into 2.2, so Im not sure if I have the new bootloader installed or not. Can I SBF back to 2.1?

I have no idea why my install failed, the only things I can think of are:
1. It was in the car dock and charging when I downloaded and hit install. Once I started the install, I realized it was still docked so I took it out, but the install had started.
2. Using LauncherPro+. I remember something about the 2.2 leak saying to remove launchers.
3. Rooted using easyroot. I did not remove ANY .apks when I rooted so all the bloat was still there, although it was hidden with LauncherPro. I made no alterations to the root of the phone, only installed wifiteather and titanium backup.

Anyone have any ideas? I can sbf back, but now im worried itll brick my phone.

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Do not sbf your phone if you did the update is what I am reading... I would just hold off a little bit and I am sure a solution will be figured out shortly.. My girl had 2.1 stock with nothing no root anything like that. She did the OTA and now her phone is stuck on the "M" logo battery pulls will not work

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Would it be possible to put on the leaked 2.2 or not because it doesnt have the updated bootloader?

I think im out of options.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No because those dont have the motorola sig. You need the official update renamed to update.zip put on your sdcard. Try a few factory resets. Or take it to vzw and let tgem know what happened. Looks like it may have tried to load tge wrong thing

docism

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Im in the same boat. I used EasyRoot to root my Droid and the the BootStrapper app. I can download and install the new update but it fails. I tried un-rooting and it still fails. What about The Gift, is that an option?

Whats really annoying is I successfully installed the new update on my girls Droid and I get to see all of its goodness and she doesn't use her phone for anything other than calls/texting.

Where are the smart people when you really need them :(

bloodoak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
docism, your issue is different. You need to uninstall bootstrap completely, there's a thread floating around somewhere called "easy way to uninstall Koush's recovery" can't remember offhand which forum it is at.

D2TSHR1439

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Im in the same boat. I used EasyRoot to root my Droid and the the BootStrapper app. I can download and install the new update but it fails. I tried un-rooting and it still fails. What about The Gift, is that an option?

Whats really annoying is I successfully installed the new update on my girls Droid and I get to see all of its goodness and she doesn't use her phone for anything other than calls/texting.

Where are the smart people when you really need them :(

If you havent installed the update yet, or tried, easiest and least headache in my opinion is SFB back to 2.1 then update.

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I ended up going to verizon and he flashed me back to 2.1. Im redownloading 2.2 in the store now. He thinks it was launcherpro that caused the issue.

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Turns out its not so fixed. So the tech reflashed 2.1u1 and told me he had a similar issue with his Droid 1 and 2.2 while using LauncherPro. So while in the store, I downloaded and installed the 2.2 update onto my newly stock X. The exact same thing happened, it rebricked. There is no way it was root, launcherpro, or anything else, because this thing was stock. So they are sending me a warrenty replacement. The tech assured me it would be a new replacement, not a refurb because they dont have any yet. Well see about that.

Unfortionatly, I have to go back to my Blackberry tour for the next couple days. Im already itching and jonesing for my Droid back.

bgpasha

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Turns out its not so fixed. So the tech reflashed 2.1u1 and told me he had a similar issue with his Droid 1 and 2.2 while using LauncherPro. So while in the store, I downloaded and installed the 2.2 update onto my newly stock X. The exact same thing happened, it rebricked. There is no way it was root, launcherpro, or anything else, because this thing was stock. So they are sending me a warrenty replacement. The tech assured me it would be a new replacement, not a refurb because they dont have any yet. Well see about that.

Unfortionatly, I have to go back to my Blackberry tour for the next couple days. Im already itching and jonesing for my Droid back.

I think its a bunch of BS. If VZW sells "certified preowned", thats exectly what youre gonna get. You will get a fone with out battery and sd card and will have to use your old ones. I would be VERY surprised if you recieve a brand spanking new fone in the original boxing. But I have been wrong before;) GOOD LUCK!

66racer

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me, M logo and i tried 2.1 recovery last night when no word was available yet and yes stuck at boot loader.

Went to verizon store and no fix on their side yet so im getting a new phone shipped to me since they are out of stock, im in CA and its coming from TX

66racer

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think its a bunch of BS. If VZW sells "certified preowned", thats exectly what youre gonna get. You will get a fone with out battery and sd card and will have to use your old ones. I would be VERY surprised if you recieve a brand spanking new fone in the original boxing. But I have been wrong before;) GOOD LUCK!

They told me if its 30 days or less ALWAYS new, after that its what is in stock so you might get a new one if after 30 days, or for sure new

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress