Best Profile Program

medic673

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to find a good program that will let me set up times for certain profiles. My blackberry used to be able to do that, ie, turn of sounds at a certain time and turn them back on at others.

Anyone know of a good app?

Goldwinger

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Tasker is good for that and more.
Settings profile plus is another good one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

+1 on both apps.

I have both and both serve different purposes for me, although Tasker could do both jobs, I'm still getting into the details of programming it. Lots of options and a great website or examples and actual profiles. Settings Profile Plus is a little easier to use. The cost of each is not that much considering what I want them to do for me. For right at $10 you get both and what you may find out is that you won't need a bunch of other programs because these two will and can take the place of them. As an example, you can use both to save your battery, so no need for a specialized program for your battery savings, just program one to do it. I use Tasker to turn on the GPS only when I use certain programs and to turn it off when I exit the program. So the GPS only runs when I'm actually using it. The list is endless on what you can do with it.

Welcome to the world of Droid, I left the Blackberry world back during the summer and haven't looked back, but I have been on the hunt for those little things that my Storm2 did that the Droid X doesn't or in almost all cases doesn't do because I haven't found the program that does it. :p

Anyway, not to sound too much like a coolaide drinker, there's an app for that. :eek:

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been very happy with Audio Manager. I think it cost a couple dollars, but was completely worth it. You can create shortcuts of your profiles to save on your home screen for a one touch profile change (or maybe two touches, depending on which screen you place them on).

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I am trying to find a good program that will let me set up times for certain profiles. My blackberry used to be able to do that, ie, turn of sounds at a certain time and turn them back on at others.

Anyone know of a good app?

This question comes up a lot, especially from you guys coming from the world of BB. If you do an advanced search of the apps forum, searching thread titles for the word "profile", you'll see quite a few topics to choose from.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I like Quick Profiles Pro. It's what I latched onto after leaving Blackberry and while it isn't as good a full-fledged Profiles system, it does the job well enough. I also downloaded Gmail Notifier which allows me to customize the Gmail notification settings like no other.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have used Profiles for a while. Gives me buttons to put on my homescreen for each profile I use (Normal, Meetings, Vibrate, Outdoors, and Quiet are the ones I have set up).