lattitude

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway to make google lattitude be more reliable?
every time I look my friends report "stale location" sometimes data is 1-3+ days old.

I don't expect it to update in real time, but 3 day old data is useless to me.
any way to make it better/ update more frequently?

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
When you open latitude, click on the user you want to track, click on real time updates, click on how long to real time them, and boom! Real time stalking; I mean tracking......

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any options to set when to track them. both the wife and i have DX's with .340 on them. so we are running the latest.

when i pick her name it says
"Real-Time Updating"
"Friend's location is stale"
3 days ago.

3 days isn't real time. lol

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any options to set when to track them. both the wife and i have DX's with .340 on them. so we are running the latest.

when i pick her name it says
"Real-Time Updating"
"Friend's location is stale"
3 days ago.

3 days isn't real time. lol

Thas strange. When i click on "Real Time Updating" it gives me an option of how long to update, and it shows me her location up to the minute. I just checked it as she was traveling from work!! Pinpointed her 4 times at diferent locations on the interstate.

Also make sure the other person has there location visible and not set to a set location, otherwise it will show them in that location no matter what....>?

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Latitude since it first came available for BlackBerry some time ago and with Android for about a year. It's a half-@ss app at best. It has a long way to go before it's reliable. If you want reliability, try GPS tracker or some other GPS app.

BrianTX

Jul 23, 2010
plus.google.com
It's very accurate and reliable, can even watch the wife's progress on her way home from work. The other person must have their location services turned on for it to work. A stale location means those services aren't running on that persons phone.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Latitude works good for me I just use my icon is a marker on that.

I use tracks to it's cool to. Ha :)

Sent using TaPaTaLk

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My experience with it is that while it tracks semi-ok, it's usually not too accurate.

With BOTH phones with me, it's WAY off sometimes on the tracking.

With Real Time tracking, it will update position about 4 or 5 times and then bounce back to an old cell location.

When passing through a "hole" in cell coverage, it won't update location until the user opens Gmaps again.

It's an ok app, but not even close to accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress