Battery

lshuman

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I have just upgraded to the Atrix from the Droid X. I was comparing the two, when I decided to see if the Atrix Battery would fit in the Droid X and low and behold it did and works great with the X. So for people still on the X and want a extended battery just purchase the Atrix battery and you'll be happy.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Why did you switch from Verizon to AT&T?

Why did you drop the Droid X?

The Atrix 1930mAh battery even if it is the same battery as the Droid X 1930mAh BH6X still REQUIRES the Droid X Extended Battery Door.

I suggest that people just buy the BH6X so they can get the door too.

Last edited:

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the BH6X and am using the normal door... came that way from Craigslist, but fits fine!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
@ndwatkins, are you sure the door that came with your BH6X is a standard door? Because the two doors look almost identical, the extended door is noticeable by its longer standoff hooks.

I still have to insist on using the proper door with the extended battery. Not only can you cause damage to your phone and put unnecessary pressure on the screen by using the standard door with the BH6X but you will void the warranty too.

I just don’t see how it would be more cost effective to buy the battery from AT&T when you can get the entire and proper setup factory new from multiple suppliers for about $40.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
If the door was easily installed then I am sure you are using the right one.

I had tried to install the standard battery door with the extended battery when I first got it just to see if it was possible; I found that with even quite a bit of pressure I couldn’t get it to work. I have heard of people actually managing to get it to fit, but most of them noticed a “rainbow” effect on the screen and even loss of capacitive control. If you have to force the door on, then you’ve got the wrong one.

You can either place an order through Motorola by phone, to get just the door or you can now buy it on Amazon. The correct item skew is: SJHN0449A. However the door all by itself is rather expensive and you might want to consider just buying an extra battery and door.

Here is the link for Amazon:
Amazon.com: OEM Motorola Extended Battery Cover Door for Motorola DROID X, SJHN0449A: Cell Phones & Accessories
Or you can buy the package which includes both the BH6X and the proper door:
Amazon.com: Motorola Droid X MB810 OEM Extended 1800 mAh Battery BH6X with OEM Door SJHN0449A: Electronics

There is really no valid reason to use the standard door with the BH6X as a vast majority of all the cases on the market will accept the 1 millimeter of added thickness.

Last edited:

PappaFloyd

Dab King
Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
If the door was easily installed then I am sure you are using the right one.

I had tried to install the standard battery door with the extended battery when I first got it just to see if it was possible; I found that with even quite a bit of pressure I couldn’t get it to work. I have heard of people actually managing to get it to fit, but most of them noticed a “rainbow” effect on the screen and even loss of capacitive control. If you have to force the door on, then you’ve got the wrong one.

You can either place an order through Motorola by phone, to get just the door or you can now buy it on Amazon. The correct item skew is: SJHN0449A. However the door all by itself is rather expensive and you might want to consider just buying an extra battery and door.

Here is the link for Amazon:
Amazon.com: OEM Motorola Extended Battery Cover Door for Motorola DROID X, SJHN0449A: Cell Phones & Accessories
Or you can buy the package which includes both the BH6X and the proper door:
Amazon.com: Motorola Droid X MB810 OEM Extended 1800 mAh Battery BH6X with OEM Door SJHN0449A: Electronics

There is really no valid reason to use the standard door with the BH6X as a vast majority of all the cases on the market will accept the 1 millimeter of added thickness.
I have the Body Glove (2 piece snap together case) and can't use it with the extended battery. I get bad rainbow effect on the screen. Had to go with a crappy ass silicone cover that is a pocket lint magnet! hah

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the Body Glove (2 piece snap together case) and can't use it with the extended battery. I get bad rainbow effect on the screen. Had to go with a crappy ass silicone cover that is a pocket lint magnet! hah

If you want to use that case, try it without the door on at all. The battery fits in snug enough that it won't fall out & the case will keep out dust, right? A friend of mine did that with the Otterbox Defender & has no problems.

lshuman

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not talking about an extended battery. I'm talking about the battery used with the Atrix. I have put it in my X and put the cover back on. This battery have the same exact size specs as the DX.

skafri#WN

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
If you want to use that case, try it without the door on at all. The battery fits in snug enough that it won't fall out & the case will keep out dust, right? A friend of mine did that with the Otterbox Defender & has no problems.

This is what I do! I can use any case I want this way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not talking about an extended battery. I'm talking about the battery used with the Atrix. I have put it in my X and put the cover back on. This battery have the same exact size specs as the DX.

We know you are talking about the STOCK Atrix battery. The Stock Atrix battery happens to be the exact same battery as the Droid X extended battery (BH6X). Now, with that said; The BH6X "REQUIRES" a special battery door for it to fit properly. Both batteries are 1840/1930mAh. An assumption that batteries should also be the same form factor and connection layout is reasonable because it is from the same manufacturer.

I have an issue with this because:
You are suggesting that people should use the Stock Atrix battery, BUT that battery does not come with the Droid X extended battery door. So, people would STILL need to buy the battery door which cost about $12 - $16, while the BH6X is usually sold with the proper door at little or no extra charge. You can't easily use and you most definitely SHOULD NOT use the Droid X standard battery door with the extended battery/BH6X, or the stock Atrix battery. I am guessing that you had to force the door on with more effort that one should expect. The result of the added pressure of the battery door results in a “rainbow” effect on the screen.

Because the conversation now included the extended battery door (that is required) the conversation has lead to: What should a person do if their case doesn’t fit the extended battery door. Well, an option in that case is to use the battery without a door. This is possible because the cases that don’t allow for the added room of the extended door, will put just enough pressure on the extended battery (without door) to securely hold it in place so it wont fall out.

I have just upgraded to the Atrix from the Droid X. I was comparing the two, when I decided to see if the Atrix Battery would fit in the Droid X and low and behold it did and works great with the X. So for people still on the X and want a extended battery just purchase the Atrix battery and you'll be happy.

There are some things that you have left out of your experience with swapping batteries from different phone models:

How much is the Atrix battery from AT&T? Is it even cost effective to buy it compared to the BH6X? Did you install the stock door? Was that installation effortless? Did you operate the Droid X after the battery installation? Did you notice any “rainbow” effects on the screen?

tmar23

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the extended droid x battery (BH6X) for a few months while using the standard door. I used the door provided with the extended battery for a few days, then decided to try the standard door. It is a bit snug, but it works fine. I am just very careful when I have to open it so that i do not put pressure on the screen. If you are careful, and use the sides of the phone to open it, it does work rather nicely. I realize the other door does not add much extra thickness, but I do prefer the standard door. Just sharing my experience, ymmv.

And with apex 1.4.1, I haven't had a battery pull yet! So, no need to open the battery door, anyway!

lshuman

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
We know you are talking about the STOCK Atrix battery. The Stock Atrix battery happens to be the exact same battery as the Droid X extended battery (BH6X). Now, with that said; The BH6X "REQUIRES" a special battery door for it to fit properly. Both batteries are 1840/1930mAh. An assumption that batteries should also be the same form factor and connection layout is reasonable because it is from the same manufacturer.

You are suggesting that people should use the Stock Atrix battery, BUT that battery does not come with the Droid X extended battery door. So, people would STILL need to buy the battery door which cost about $12 - $16, while the BH6X is usually sold with the proper door at little or no extra charge. You can't easily use and you most definitely SHOULD NOT use the Droid X standard battery door with the extended battery/BH6X, or the stock Atrix battery. I am guessing that you had to force the door on with more effort that one should expect. The result of the added pressure of the battery door results in a ?rainbow? effect on the screen.

Because the conversation now included the extended battery door (that is required) the conversation has lead to: What should a person do if their case doesn?t fit the extended battery door. Well, an option in that case is to use the battery without a door. This is possible because the cases that don?t allow for the added room of the extended door, will put just enough pressure on the extended battery (without door) to securely hold it in place so it wont fall out.

There are some things that you have left out of your experience with swapping batteries from different phone models:

How much is the Atrix battery from AT&T? Is it even cost effective to buy it compared to the BH6X? Did you install the stock door? Was that installation effortless? Did you operate the Droid X after the battery installation? Did you notice any ?rainbow? effects on the screen?

First of all I just expressed what I had experienced. I did an experiment and it worked, so take your thumb out of you A$$ and take a chill pill. You must be a motorola exec. or something.

lshuman

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

You are suggesting that people should use the Stock Atrix battery, BUT that battery does not come with the Droid X extended battery door. So, people would STILL need to buy the battery door which cost about $12 - $16, while the BH6X is usually sold with the proper door at little or no extra charge. You can't easily use and you most definitely SHOULD NOT use the Droid X standard battery door with the extended battery/BH6X, or the stock Atrix battery. I am guessing that you had to force the door on with more effort that one should expect. The result of the added pressure of the battery door results in a ?rainbow? effect on the screen.

Because the conversation now included the extended battery door (that is required) the conversation has lead to: What should a person do if their case doesn?t fit the extended battery door. Well, an option in that case is to use the battery without a door. This is possible because the cases that don?t allow for the added room of the extended door, will put just enough pressure on the extended battery (without door) to securely hold it in place so it wont fall out.

How much is the Atrix battery from AT&T? Is it even cost effective to buy it compared to the BH6X? Did you install the stock door? Was that installation effortless? Did you operate the Droid X after the battery installation? Did you notice any ?rainbow? effects on the screen?

No I did not have to force the door on, if that was the case I would not have posted it in this way. This is not that serious take a volum or something.

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
What are the battery specs exactly? Sorry its fri nite and im lazy I dont feel like googling,lol

B

I see in your signature you've gone from DINC to the X. Other than trying something different was there anything you didnt like about the DINC? I'm think of trading the X for a DINC. Thanks.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
First of all I just expressed what I had experienced. I did an experiment and it worked, so take your thumb out of you A$$ and take a chill pill. You must be a motorola exec. or something.

No I did not have to force the door on, if that was the case I would not have posted it in this way. This is not that serious take a volum or something.

LOL!

Wow dude, maybe you should calm down and compose yourself. We are all friends here.

I was merely pointing out that MANY people have tried to use the extended battery with the standard door and it resulted in too much strain on the phone; creating a “rainbow” effect on the screen, and resulted in too much effort to install and remove the door. People don’t always include everything in their description of their experiences. Some say this is possible but neglect to mention that they did have to use extra effort, or that they noticed a "rainbow" effect on the screen or atleast when they touched the screen, or they had to do some minor modification to the battery door.

I also asked a few more questions to help clarify some things:

How much is the Atrix battery from AT&T? Is it even cost effective to buy it compared to the BH6X? Did you install the stock door? Was that installation effortless? Did you operate the Droid X after the battery installation? Did you notice any “rainbow” effects on the screen?

You just now and finally answered a couple of those questions but not all of them. That’s why I asked them. You never said it was effortless, you never said you had “used” the device. For all I knew (and I assume anybody else reading this thread) you had simply put the battery in the phone.

Now, could you tell us how much the battery is? I had gone to AT&T and Motorola’s websites, but they don’t have the battery listed for sale.

Are you sure you used the stock door for the BH5X standard battery, and not the door for the BH6X extended battery?

Could you measure the thickness of the Atrix battery with a micrometer or even just a caliper? I would like to know why the Atrix battery seemingly can easily fit in the X with the standard door (as you have stated) while the BH6X cannot easily fit without issues.

I am sorry if you have felt like you have been cornered and made to be defensive, but I was just looking for some clarification that was not present.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699