Froyo: missing original alarm clock app

friday

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have that apk floating around? Astro apparently never backed it up.

I'm looking for the 2.01 and 2.1 clock.

Thx!

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
The stock alarm clock is no longer separate. Click on the standard clock app and the alarm clock is near the bottom.

JawKnee37

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
The integration with the standard clock app really irks me. I use the smaller Beautiful home widget and pre-Froyo, set the "clock/time" on tap to go to the Alarm app but can no longer do so now :(

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
The integration with the standard clock app really irks me. I use the smaller Beautiful home widget and pre-Froyo, set the "clock/time" on tap to go to the Alarm app but can no longer do so now :(

I found that if you go into Beautiful Widgets settings and "Clear" the Time app setting, it will go directly to Alarms when you tap the time. Not sure if this works for everyone, but it works for me.

JawKnee37

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I found that if you go into Beautiful Widgets settings and "Clear" the Time app setting, it will go directly to Alarms when you tap the time. Not sure if this works for everyone, but it works for me.

That worked! Thanks man.

Out of curiosity, is there anything cool or noteworthy with regards to the new clock app?

slipstreamapps

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Slightly unrelated, but I thought this might be of interest to you guys, for easy access if you ever stop using the widget.

I made an app to put the shortcut back in the application drawer. One-click install, no worries.

It's called Alarm Clock Launcher and is in the Market.
There's also a donate version (no differences) if you're in a nice mood :)

(sorry for not giving links, my post count for this user isn't high enough)

Thanks!

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Ehh... I just use LauncherPro to set up an Activity shortcut. Under clock, one of the Activities listed as "Alarm" drops you in the alarm menu. Why download anything from the market when I already have done just that?

saichick04

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Ehh... I just use LauncherPro to set up an Activity shortcut. Under clock, one of the Activities listed as "Alarm" drops you in the alarm menu. Why download anything from the market when I already have done just that?
You my friend rock! And here I was about to download an Alarm Clock! :) thanks a lot!

slipstreamapps

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

The Alarm Clock Launcher app lets you have the shortcut in your Application Drawer, and not taking up space on your homescreen. It's definitely a personal preference where you want the alarm clock shortcut, so yay for Android options! (and free stuff).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress