With a heavy heart, I say goodbye "D1"

G

GenericMessage

To those that got a Droid 2 as a replacement for a Droid 1, when you got the "Important Information Regarding Your Replacement Device" email, did it specify a Droid 1 or a Droid 2?

Never even got an email

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
back in stock, I have received 3 D1s in the past week, first 2 had issues, this one is a keeper.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yup. Just got replacement #2. Slider is extremely stiff on this one though. Don't have any WPA secured networks around me now so I'll have to wait to see if it still has the same issue.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Stiff slider is a blessing. It'll smooth out with use :)

It is, one of my replacements had an extremely stiff slider but the bottom wiggled around and didnt lock in place properly. The one I settled on was not as stiff but had zero wiggle. I tell ya, some of these phones I dont know how they pass quality control!?

utonium

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
i got my replacement D1 today. So far it feels alot better than my current droid for some reason. However, the keyboard is the flat one. (i had the bubbled version). Hopefully this one doesnt give me any issues.

beloved1228

Jan 19, 2010
www.facebook.com
D2

I was having problems with my Droid 1 and so i called at got a Like new droid sent to me and got it today and it was crap. This is my 5th replacement. I called and talked to tech and I asked if I could switch to a different phone due to the issues I have had. and he is over nighting me a Droid 2. I got a confirmation email and it is a D2. so we'll see how I like it

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Well everything was going well until I actually tried to talk on the phone. It just randomly started rebooting midconversation on 3 of the 5 calls I've received. Feels really hot so not sure if it's overheating or not.

utonium

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
/sigh i had to return my D1 cuz of a horrible keyboard, it was stickin lik crazy. hopefully i have better luck with replacement 2. are all of these replacement phones gonna be lik this? i was hoping they would actually be usable and not just look new. i was so excited to see that it looked brand new up until i actually used it

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
/sigh i had to return my D1 cuz of a horrible keyboard, it was stickin lik crazy. hopefully i have better luck with replacement 2. are all of these replacement phones gonna be lik this? i was hoping they would actually be usable and not just look new. i was so excited to see that it looked brand new up until i actually used it

I had to get a replacement because everyone complained that they had a hard time hearing me and my DEL key wasn't working all the time. I was sent a like new Replacement.My wife could hear me fine, but I couldn't hear her at all. Waiting for the next one...

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Just to say, i would have been fine with a BRAND NEW DROID 1 (mine had a few drop scratches). Well it took me a week, but i received a replacement Droid 2 for my Droid 1 that had the ever so slightest software problem (wifi would occasionally hop off of a good strong network). It was something i could easily have fixed because i would just wiped data and cache and flashed a new ROM. but i had them send me a replacement. all you have to do is find a hardware/software problem with your original Droid and then find a problem (most likely hardware) with your replacement device and they'll send you another replacement.
1st replacement - Camera didnt work correctly
2nd replacement - screen wasnt attached well
3rd replacement - keyboard was clicky and sticky
4th replacement - BRAND NEW DROID 2 OVERNIGHTED
So just be patient and kind with the representatives. they're trying to do their jobs. But i'm really excited about the extra 256Mb of RAM. That is the only reason to upgrade to a D2. I actually like my D1 (generation 2 w/ bubbled keyboard) more than the D2 keyboard.

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't agree more about the Reps. They've been fantastic with me. In store reps...that's another story. I received my 2nd replacement today. Battery door didn't match up correctly and the Market couldn't retrieve all my apps. I asked for the Droid 2 and they were willing to send it. I joked with the rep about getting an X instead and she said yes. I'll be getting it and a new case next week. Pretty sweet.
So I'll also be saying good-bye to the D1

nick125

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, my replacement I got on the 9th was a Droid 1..a broken Droid 1, mind you. This one was dirty with the previous user's stickers around the device still on. Oh, and the headset jack was bad too...so back that went. I hope the next replacement is better.

utonium

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my replacement I got on the 9th was a Droid 1..a broken Droid 1, mind you. This one was dirty with the previous user's stickers around the device still on. Oh, and the headset jack was bad too...so back that went. I hope the next replacement is better.

omg i got that bad headphone jack too!! i thought it was how it was made though /sigh smh

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Well, it's been feel and it's been fun but it hasn't been real fun. Two factory resets seems to have fixed my rebooting while on a call issue on the refurb'd droid I got but I just couldn't pass up the Fascinate. The Droid will always be my first true love though and it will be missed.

utonium

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
i got my second replacement D1 at home right now. Wish me luck.

p.s. does anyone know if these certified as new units are just used devices with new cases?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez