DROID 2.1 Update thread.

ncc1701p

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Taken from sources within, Droid 2.1 to begin roll out today 3/30/10! Its about time! :D

-Desecr8r

Here we go again :S At least I can get a comment in before page 70.. :D

Like others said and will say. I'll believe it when its on my phone. Otherwise move on. Nothing to see here. I got house work, computer work and things to do at home and in my server room. LOL

R

Roy Aguilera

Merged the older (small) 2.1 question threads as their questions will be answered shortly here if this is true.;)

anon(12001)

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
not a skeptic, but some proof, or point us in the direction. If true, then I apologize, but been burned toooooo many times.... Nothing personal...

desecr8r

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Its happening for sure... *yahoo email support, just username and pass to sign in, no yahoo email over wifi though. *3d Gallery that views both local and picasa pics *Goggles preinstalled *pinch to zoom in gallery, maps, and browser *and of course speech-to-txt.

Reactions: pops.comp

pops.comp

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Its happening for sure... *yahoo email support, just username and pass to sign in, no yahoo email over wifi though. *3d Gallery that views both local and picasa pics *Goggles preinstalled *pinch to zoom in gallery, maps, and browser *and of course speech-to-txt.

I've read the verizon pdf for the 2.1 update too ;)

desecr8r

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Theres a Mandatory System Update page for Droid by Motorola on Verizons' website. Would post a link but apparently I must have at least 10 posts before posting any links. Just google it, its right there on the website, not like its hidden or anything.

BerkleyJ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
If they start rolling it out at the same time they announced for the 18th then it should start rolling out RIGHT NOW. but if desecr8r is correct, and they're only going in batches of 20,000, we may not see any thing about it for a couple of days.

emmac1

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I just did a search and ENGADGET is saying today at noon 1000 users will be notified with another 9000 before midnight and the rest by Thursday if it all goes good

G

GenericMessage

Yes it does. Hmmm....... And this linky link: http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/moto_droid.pdf

Already seen that, not proof of the roll-out today.

NEXT

Can the Mods/Admins bring back the 2.1 findings thread again then?

We now have THREE! Count'em THREE threads dedicated to 2.1

2.1 rumors.......I believe it was locked and un-stickied............2.1 findings, locked and un-stickied, and now this one.

ORDER! ORDER IN THE COURT!