Someome Please Clarify...

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So I rooted my phone the other day. I'm trying to install Custom Roms through rom manager and I'm being unsuccessful. Is it because bootloader is locked??
Please help me because I finally got root and now I'm wondering if it was all worth it or just stayed stock.
From what I understand, you can't install any roms unless bootloader is unlocked. So if that is true how do i unlock bootloader????

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
So I rooted my phone the other day. I'm trying to install Custom Roms through rom manager and I'm being unsuccessful. Is it because bootloader is locked??
Please help me because I finally got root and now I'm wondering if it was all worth it or just stayed stock.
From what I understand, you can't install any roms unless bootloader is unlocked. So if that is true how do i unlock bootloader????

It could also be that you're not meeting the necessary requirements to install said rom. Whatever rom you're trying to install, make sure you have all the necessary tools to upload and flash it to your phone. Each specific rom should have an OP that says what you need. If you have a specific rom in mind, respond back and we might be able to provide more feedback to ensure a seamless, errorless install.

Update: Also the bootloader has not been unlocked.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I know that with D2 Bootstrapper, Rom Manager and Liberty(Now Rom Toolbox) I've had zero issues installing pretty much every DX rom there is. But I agree with SuperChargedJ, give us some more info and hopefully we can help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress