WARNING: Unstable Apps' DX/D2 Overclock App and 2.2.1 Update

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
The kernel changed in the 2.2.1 OTA update. The Unstable Apps overclock app does not work any longer. It may cause crashes and reboots.

Also, uninstalling the app does not seem to correct the problem. Whatever module gets tacked on when you first run or install the app stays on or the changes stay making the device unstable even after app is removed. Factory reset necessary.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Weird. I got the update saying it was broken but it works for me. When I set on reboot without the delay it would reboot over and over. When I set to the delay it works. Phone is stable at 1.2 and also stock undervolt. Also running apex that has a built in oc script that I inserted the stock volts and slots to run on boot. Then the app kicks in after 90 seconds without issue.
aefc030d-964d-96b5.jpg
aefc030d-965b-a935.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: kentusmc

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed any odd behavior on mine with UA 's Oclocker.

Edit:
Update I read your other post when you was trouble shooting as to why your phone was rebooting alot and saw the disclaimer on UAs market app but my phone has not had that issue you had.
Glad you seem to have yours back stable tho

Sent using TaPaTaLk

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
If you run into problems with it, this is why. It was a very frustrating few days figuring this out and just wanted to give everyone the heads up.