Honeycomb status bar

Dunbar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This is in reference to the black bar at the bottom of the screen with the home button etc.

There is so much wasted real estate on the bar. Wouldn't it be great to be able to add customized keyboard buttons to the bar? Such as page up or page down, arrows, etc.? I hope someone figures out a way to do this.

It would also be great to be able to move the bar to the top of the screen.

Is something Google or Motorola would likely add in a future update? Or something that can be done if the zoom is rooted?

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
This is in reference to the black bar at the bottom of the screen with the home button etc.

There is so much wasted real estate on the bar. Wouldn't it be great to be able to add customized keyboard buttons to the bar? Such as page up or page down, arrows, etc.? I hope someone figures out a way to do this.

It would also be great to be able to move the bar to the top of the screen.

Is something Google or Motorola would likely add in a future update? Or something that can be done if the zoom is rooted?

I agree. Or maybe shortcuts yo your favorite apps that are just always there waiting, windows 7 style. Would be pretty sweet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Regarding shortcuts, you can easily do that...

I use "Bar Control" to place icons for my favorite apps in the status bar notification area. This was built for phones, but works great on the Xoom. It's two taps to open your app, but it's really quick access from any other open app without having to go to the Home Screen or drill down through the Apps list.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.schwimmer.android.barcontrol

(I should point out that one drawback of Bar Control is that it doesn't use the actual icon of the app you are adding as a shortcut - you have to instead select from a library of generic icons for the shortcut that is added to the notification area. There are probably other apps similar to Bar Control that use the actual app icon on the shortcut, but I went with Bar Control simply because it needed no permissions.)

Reactions: Weluvmike