Xoom no longer recognised by win7 pc

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Up until today I was able to use my sons laptop to transfer files etc to my Xoom. After he reformatted the laptop I reconnected my Xoom and everything was fine. Then a little while ago I converted a movie and went to transer it to the Xoom and it did not show up.

I installed the motorola USB drivers and still no joy, I figured the problem was the Xoom itself so I did a security wipe/factory reset. The PC still will not see the Xoom.

I have tried different cables and USB ports, still no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Xoom is seen on my wife's gateway net book with win XP.

Last edited:

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If it happens again cycle the USB debugging on the Xoom. Motorola can't tell me why but that fixes it when it happens to me. I spent 45 minutes on the phone to get that little nugget of information.

Reactions: Live2ride883

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
How do you do the usb debug ?

Go to settings. By your preferred method, click on the lower right corner or in apps the settings icon. In settings choose apps. Choose development and click where it says USB debugging. I went about six weeks with the debugging on and never had a problem. One day I plugged in my Xoom and my computer made the request noises the Xoom even showed up but when I clicked on the icon for it nothing happend. I spent about 45 minutes erasing and reloading drivers then gave up called Motorola. It took 3 levels techs but on that third one it was the first thing they had me do.