PLZ HELP. Nexus 5 Power Button Hardware issue. Service Center says entire Motherboard hasto be repla

smoin

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Guys,

Please help. Im from Bangalore. My Nexus 5 is out of Warranty and I have a Power Button hardware failure. Now the Service center says that I will need to change the entire motherboard as the power button cannot be replaced. Please help and suggest.

Syed

fabian bonifacio

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened to me almost a year after I got it my power button was failing and my phone kept restarting, sent it in to LG and they replaced my mother board, I didn't damage my phone so i wasn't charged

Posted via the Android Central App

Michael Morar

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys. Had any of you started using qi / wireless charging before encountering the faulty motherboard?

My Nexus 5 has suddenly stopped working. The motherboard needs to be replaced, but it is beyond economical repair. I had recently started the use qi charging. Do you think there any way that qi / wireless charging may have caused a fault on the motherboard, or is this a coincidence?

So far, the advice has been that it is indeed a coincidence. Google have replaced the phone, but I'm nervous about using qi charging (my favourite feature).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa