Change Nexus 5X Emoji

awraynor

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Wife had changed from Android to iPhone5 and now back to Nexus 5X. Overall she has liked it
and what a great price for the phone.

One thing she doesn't like is the ugly emoticons. My Note5 has decent looking emoticons, but I
must agree the blob like emoticons on the 5X are fairly fugly.

Is there a way to change icon packs on the 5X?

I've seen some tutorials on how to change the Nexus5 to iOS emoticons, not sure that would work
on the 5X as well.

eaccentsac

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Wife had changed from Android to iPhone5 and now back to Nexus 5X. Overall she has liked it
and what a great price for the phone.

One thing she doesn't like is the ugly emoticons. My Note5 has decent looking emoticons, but I
must agree the blob like emoticons on the 5X are fairly fugly.

Is there a way to change icon packs on the 5X?

I've seen some tutorials on how to change the Nexus5 to iOS emoticons, not sure that would work
on the 5X as well.

I think you might have to root....?

awraynor

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
You could install Textra... They have an iOS emoji pack available.

She was having issues with Textra sending and receiving correctly. The emojis as received on my Note5 look more polished
than the standard marshmallow icons as sent with the stock app. I assume it uses the equivalent Samsung emoji.

I'll have her check with friends with iPhones to see how the equivalent emoji looks on iPhone. Me I could care less, to my wife
I guess that kind of stuff matters.

Marty Larsson

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Is this possible to change because those squished emojis are nothing short of terrible looking lol

😨😰😱😵😴😤😥

Like what are they lol weird weird emojis 😂

Posted via the Android Central App

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the Google emoji. After using them for a few months, I've gotten used to it. It's one drawback maybe to Nexus devices.