I'm in denial

rromeroiii

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I know Google said they would be selling directly to consumers but I'm still holding out hope that T-Mobile will sell this device so I can use my jump to get it.... Am I crazy?

Posted via the Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, what is TMo saying, do they give you any hope?
You can always wait a month or two and see what happens by then.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, you are. Just get it from Google and get it over with. Although, all models are probably out of stock now...*checks*... yup.

10/25 is the deadline for the pre-ordering benefits. Seems that window has closed now.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you are. Just get it from Google and get it over with. Although, all models are probably out of stock now...*checks*... yup.

10/25 is the deadline for the pre-ordering benefits. Seems that window has closed now.

Pretty Much this right here.

rromeroiii

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I can't afford it without going threw T-Mobile... I've made to many HUGE purchases and have gone through to many life events this year which have left me with no spending cash... T-Mobile was my only hope :-(

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping T-Mobile would carry it as well so I could use my jump. Idk lg g4 is my current phone and its great. Double tap to wake and shut off screen, buttons in the back so I can help the phone and not worry about hitting the power button. Don't know if I could ever go back

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't afford it without going threw T-Mobile... I've made to many HUGE purchases and have gone through to many life events this year which have left me with no spending cash... T-Mobile was my only hope :-(

Don't know if this helps or not, but I'm assuming you wanted to go through T-Mobile so you could make payments rather than the total cost upfront, correct? You do have three options that i can think of. If you switch to Fi as your carrier, I believe you can make payments through them, Huawei allows you to make paymentts if you go through them, or buy it with a credit card. In terms of total cost, the cheapest options in order would be Fi, Huawei, and finally credit card (although that depends on the rate you're getting through your CC company). Otherwise it'll be full price upfront.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
For sure you are in denial.. Stop doing carrier programs since you will always have issues like this and there will always be phones that won't be available via carriers.

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd guess it will eventually come to carriers. There was a leaked brochure IIRC posted on XDA showing a carrier ad for the device I thought it was sprint but not 100%. Since it is out of stock I'd wait and see what the new year holds. If they are going to sell it, they'd probably start sometime in January or at least announce.

I don't recall the google folks ever saying in their AMA that it would never go to carriers when asked. Since they remained silent I'd guess they want the initial sales and inventory for themselves and will open it up later.

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Am I crazy?

Yes, you are indeed delusional, which is a form of koo-koo. Here is how I know they are likely to never sell it, or at least in the near future:

I was actually at my local Tmo store yesterday, switching my family back from the evil demon-spawned Cricket, and of course was getting my 4 phone numbers ported over to Tmo. The only phone I had with me was my phone, the original Nexus 5. One of the kids (all young 20's, so kids to me) working there said, "Did you know they are releasing a new version of your phone? It's called a 5x" I said yep, I've got one in a box waiting for my son for his birthday in a month. Jaws dropped, one of them grumbled something, and then the same kid said, "And did you know they also are releasing a bigger version called the 6p?" I said yep, that one is for me and it should be delivered to me in about a week and half at most. At that point they all said versions of "Aww man!" and shook their heads, and the guy who had been talking (the store manager) said, "Can I ask you just one favor please? When you get the 6p, can you bring it by so we can see it?" When I said yes, they practically squealed in delight.

They are all expecting me to show up two weeks from yesterday at around 5 pm, and will be severely disappointed if I don't. These are people not expecting to have this phone in their store anytime soon to play with, and obviously with the discounts they probably get on buying Tmo phones won't run out to buy their own unlocked phone.

Oh yeah, and the manager said he has been told the 5x and 6p will definitely have wifi calling on Tmo.

There, I think we stick a fork in this thread now, you are welcome.

Last edited:

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
You can buy one directly from the Huawei store, as they are back in stock for late November shipping. They offer a financing plan.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I believe Project Fi offer financing as well... of course that would be even better if you where at the end of your contract, since it sounds like that is the only way you are upgrading your device... and that uses T-Mo as well as Sprint depending on what towers it sees. I have not tried it yet, but I'm considering it and will look at it closer once I have my 6P. It might be worth checking out.

jstroik

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that's true. Carriers will likely have it for those that want financing.

When did carriers add the nexus 6?

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site

You can switch to Fi and finance it.

Posted via my Note 4 on Cricket

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that's true. Carriers will likely have it for those that want financing.

Not likely as google would have said that carriers would stock them like they did with the nexus 6 unveiling. The fact that they didn't mention any carrier partners out here in the U.S. means it's not going to happen this time and may not happen again seeing how so many OEM's are starting to pull back from the carriers.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

And yet no carrier so far has the new Motorola X Pure Edition (Style)... another phone that has all the radio's for all the carriers.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you are indeed delusional, which is a form of koo-koo. Here is how I know they are likely to never sell it, or at least in the near future:

I was actually at my local Tmo store yesterday, switching my family back from the evil demon-spawned Cricket, and of course was getting my 4 phone numbers ported over to Tmo. The only phone I had with me was my phone, the original Nexus 5. One of the kids (all young 20's, so kids to me) working there said, "Did you know they are releasing a new version of your phone? It's called a 5x" I said yep, I've got one in a box waiting for my son for his birthday in a month. Jaws dropped, one of them grumbled something, and then the same kid said, "And did you know they also are releasing a bigger version called the 6p?" I said yep, that one is for me and it should be delivered to me in about a week and half at most. At that point they all said versions of "Aww man!" and shook their heads, and the guy who had been talking (the store manager) said, "Can I ask you just one favor please? When you get the 6p, can you bring it by so we can see it?" When I said yes, they practically squealed in delight.

They are all expecting me to show up two weeks from yesterday at around 5 pm, and will be severely disappointed if I don't. These are people not expecting to have this phone in their store anytime soon to play with, and obviously with the discounts they probably get on buying Tmo phones won't run out to buy their own unlocked phone.

Oh yeah, and the manager said he has been told the 5x and 6p will definitely have wifi calling on Tmo.

There, I think we stick a fork in this thread now, you are welcome.

Well..... haha.

My Business has a Verizon plan and it still allows us to get phones at subsidized prices with a two year contract. On top of that our company pays the first 100 bucks of whatever phone we choose.

My renewal is up in a month. I bought a 6p from google instead.

There are some delusional morons out there that would buy a phone full out regardless of perks :)

EDIT: for clarity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez