Settings question/issue

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey there guys, Just got my Nexus 6P and just finished the initial set up. I was going through the phone settings hoping to find somewhere to turn on battery percentage (is there an option for this?). When I click into the battery settings/stats the phone kind of freezes up and a notification comes up saying "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." And then it goes back out to the settings page. Is anyone else having this issue?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure exactly why the battery stats would be freezing up like that. Maybe try a reboot first.

As for percentage, there's a hidden settings menu called system ui tuner. To get to it, you have to hold down the setting cog in the notification pulldown. Let it spin for a couple seconds and let go. Then go to the settings app at the bottom and click on system ui tuner. There's a toggle for battery percentage in there.

Posted via the Android Central App

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about the system UI tuner.

I tried rebooting the phone and the battery settings still would freeze up on me. I am going to try and factory reset and hope that fixes whatever was causing the battery settings to freeze up.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip about the system UI tuner.

I tried rebooting the phone and the battery settings still would freeze up on me. I am going to try and factory reset and hope that fixes whatever was causing the battery settings to freeze up.

If you haven't factory reset already, I would first try clearing cache. Sometimes that can solve issues without needing to factory reset.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I factory reset it before I saw the cache clearing Idea and that seems to have fixed the issue I was having.

Gotcha. As long as it worked! I'd say to always try clearing cache first before resetting, cause that can solve some issues without wiping data. For future reference I guess. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress