What have you replaced Messenger with for SMS/MMS on the Nexus 6P?

kirbwrx

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hangouts, but I am on Fi. I like being able to respond to SMS messages and hear my voicemail from my work computer since I can't have my phone at my desk.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Textra. Had it on the G4 and moved it over to the 6P. Purchased the pro version (thanks Google rewards, before I was apparently blacklisted), so no ads and it's always smooth.

Though I am probably going to switch (for a short time anyways) to Allo when it comes available just to see what it's all about.

adam9997

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I like Textra , although I have problems sending photos with this app . May be something I am doing wrong .

Had same issue sending photos while in Europe. Switched to messenger and photos started going through. Stayed with messenger since then without issues. I'm using Project Fi.

Posted via the Android Central App

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Facebook Messenger because it's my primary messagging platform which means adding SMS integration removes one extra icon from my homescreen.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Facebook Messenger because it's my primary messagging platform which means adding SMS integration removes one extra icon from my homescreen.

I just wish there was a way to customise colors for the SMS like there is for the chat. I don't like it being bright purple for everyone.

Markxmlx

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just wish there was a way to customise colors for the SMS like there is for the chat. I don't like it being bright purple for everyone.

Undoubtedly the choice of purple is unusual. I don't have a problem with purple but I just don't know why it wasn't something like green.