Nexus 6P - Android 6.0.1 Rolling Out Starting Today

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0.1 will bring more than 200 new emoji to Nexus phones and tablets

An entire x.x.1 update just for some Emojis! These better be best Emojis ever!

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0.1 Rolling Out Starting Today

The only bug I have ran into is with Facebook sometimes staying in landscape mode and I have to turn the phone to landscape then portrait. Uninstall and reinstalled and no luck and its only Facebook. Nothing else.

I'm checking and no update yet in Boston, MA.

Nexus 6P

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The only bug I have ran into is with Facebook sometimes staying in landscape mode and I have to turn the phone to landscape then portrait. Uninstall and reinstalled and no luck and its only Facebook. Nothing else.

I'm checking and no update yet in Boston, MA.

Nexus 6P

Sounds like that is more a Facebook bug versus the phone itself since it is only happening with that app. I would try reporting it to them.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like that is more a Facebook bug versus the phone itself since it is only happening with that app. I would try reporting it to them.

That's what I figured but just saying that's my only bug which is the app. The phone itself is amazing. I don't use it enough to type it up. I spend maybe an hour or so a week on Facebook unless there's something going on in the world for breaking news. It only happens once in a while so I'm not bothered by it.

Nexus 6P

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

What bugs have you run into? I haven't noticed any yet from what I do on the phone.

Ok google detection when screen is off is one issue i have. apart from that everything works for me.
I also had wifi connectivity issue which wont switch to wifi properly sometime but that got fixed when google updated the connectivity app from playstore
there are also people with sRGB issue where the black is not pure black(there is a post about it here comparing galaxy video vs nexus 6p) but luckily i dont have that problem. Google said the fix is coming on the next update.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Ok google detection when screen is off is one issue i have. apart from that everything works for me.
I also had wifi connectivity issue which wont switch to wifi properly sometime but that got fixed when google updated the connectivity app from playstore
there are also people with sRGB issue where the black is not pure black(there is a post about it here comparing galaxy video vs nexus 6p) but luckily i dont have that problem. Google said the fix is coming on the next update.

I tried to see if I had that issue with the blacks on videos but I don't see it. Videos looks good to me and I watch a good amount of videos on my device. But this is also my first AMOLED device so that could be the issue too. I don't have another AMOLED device to compare it too.

Nexus 6P

quorky

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Let's see what the update brings. Nice.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I just tested Ok Google while dozing and it worked but I've no idea what settings I have that may be different from yours. I have "From the Google App" and "Always On" both on and "Trusted Voice" off.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I just tested Ok Google while dozing and it worked but I've no idea what settings I have that may be different from yours. I have "From the Google App" and "Always On" both on and "Trusted Voice" off.

I have the same combination you have and enabled trusted voice recently to see if that fixes it. but nope

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Google Now is the only real issue I've had. No matter what I do, can't get it to stay "always on" and work when my screen is off.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

An issue I am seeing is that I can't change voicemail notifications in the Phone app. No what I set it to, it plays the default notification and vibrates. Doubt this is fixed in 6.0.1 though.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Wait - none of you are having the miserable bluetooth issues that are discussed extensively in another thread? My phone won't maintain a connection with my car. It goes on and off in the middle of calls. I consider it a major Marshmallow bug.

TofuTwit

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Wait - none of you are having the miserable bluetooth issues that are discussed extensively in another thread? My phone won't maintain a connection with my car. It goes on and off in the middle of calls. I consider it a major Marshmallow bug.

My 6P stays connected to my car with no issue. I assume it is an issue with the software version of your car's Bluetooth module not being able to communicate properly with your phone.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Bluetooth has been rock solid on this phone. Moto headset, LG headset, two JamBoxes, cheapo ODBII module with Torque, and my Pioneer head unit in the truck.

Better than both my Moto X's in fact. So far not a single issue, which is a first (I think) for an X.0 release of Android!

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Just checked over at ARS technica. Besides emojis, DND gets some work...

"Android 6.0.1 brings back the "until next alarm" option for the "Do not disturb" notification mode. This allows you to switch over to the silent or priority notification mode; rather than picking a set number of hours, you can just have it turn off on your next alarm. This was introduced in Android 5.1, but didn't make the jump to Android 6.0—now it's back.

Android 6.0.1 also counts as the monthly security update for December."

I got it...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa