I'm having issues with LTE signal!

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
How long hand you had your 6P before you sent it back for the issue? I didn't know if I could send mine back over the issue and if so how does Google go about getting you a new handset? I don't have a spare phone to use and I don't want to be without while waiting on a replacement..

I had my new 6P for all of 1 week before the LTE signal issue set in (actually not long after the 6.01 security update problems started)
I called Google CS and went thru the troubleshooting protocol without resolving the issue and a new 6P went out the same day. However they do put a hold on your credit card for the full amount of the 6P until they receive your defective 6P back - I received an email with a return shipping label and insert to include with my defective 6P. Pretty painless process

Hope that helps

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I was having this issue until I went on ATT and found set up for the APN access point name. I did this 4 days ago and have not seen an H since. The only part that was not set right on my phone was the field APN Type.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ml%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKB424489&token=lrs5u5lu

Interesting as my APN's are slightly different
Under Cellular Settings
- Preferred network Type: LTE (recommended)
- Access point Names: set to ATT Phone (I chose ATT Phone vs. choosing ATT Nextgenphone)
- APN type is: default,mms,supl,fota,hipri

But use whatever works best for you

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.
I contacted Google today, and they are sending me a replacement 6P. As you said, payment is on hold until they receive the faulty handset. I won't be updating to 6.0.1 when it arrives. I'll hold off until the next update. I hope this resolves the problem

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.
I contacted Google today, and they are sending me a replacement 6P. As you said, payment is on hold until they receive the faulty handset. I won't be updating to 6.0.1 when it arrives. I'll hold off until the next update. I hope this resolves the problem

Good luck, I hope it resolves the issue for you.
I would recommend (as I said above) to do a new set up/ install vs. using saved apps and setting from your previous 6P. Also I chose ATT phone vs. ATT Nextgenphone and did not change any other APN settings and so far so good
Although with so many changes that I did including a new ATT sim card, I am not sure which one did the trick but my 6P on ATT is now working like it should, fingers crossed ;)

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Update:
I got tired of toggling Airplane mode off and on to get AT&T LTE in known AT&T LTE areas. I called Google tech support and after going thru 5 or 10 minutes of the required troubleshooting steps they are sending me a new replacement, fingers crossed it works better than my 1 week old 6P device although I doubt that it will - Although they did offer me another option and that was to try Project Fi for a month at no charge but my contract with AT&T is not up for another year so I decided to wait

Good luck with the new 6P, I'll send you a case for it on the 5th.

Posted via the Android Central App

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
It was posted in a thread, you need to restart it and reset the APN to default.

That is not a long term fix on AT&T, especially if you have downloaded 6.0.1 security update. On my new 6P I have not downloaded the security update (despite the constant notifications) and my AT&T LTE has been rock solid with no APN changes required.
I am not technically savy and this is a guess on my part but I bet if you could go back to 6.0 without the update you would be ok

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Is Google aware of the issue or even acknowledged it?
Oh yeah, I'm sure they are aware of it. It's just that Google displays a certain arrogance in failing to fix issues like these in a timely manner, or even giving information on when it might be fixed. Practically speaking, we can cross our fingers and hope it's fixed whenever 6.0.2 rolls out, but there are no guarantees. I've owned Nexus devices since the Nexus 4, always been this way. I doubt Google really considers us customers, their customers are the companies that they are selling the information gleaned from us the users. I love Android, but yeah the failure of Google to fix major bugs in a timely manner is indeed aggravating.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Google Help Forum for the Nexus 6P has a lot of posts concerning this exact issue with various carriers
Hopefully our next update fixes this issue for us

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Basically I'm stuck using my 6s+ till Google fixes this.

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I ordered one that should be here today, but between this, the DND bug, and the Gmail notification bug, I'm not sure if now is the right time to be switching to the 6P or any phone running MM.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I ordered one that should be here today, but between this, the DND bug, and the Gmail notification bug, I'm not sure if now is the right time to be switching to the 6P or any phone running MM.

The DND thing is my only issue. I don't have an issue with LTE (but I'm not on AT&T) or any Gmail bugs as I always get my email notifications from the forums and such.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The DND thing is my only issue. I don't have an issue with LTE (but I'm not on AT&T) or any Gmail bugs as I always get my email notifications from the forums and such.

That's weird. I wonder what causes all the discrepancies between phones here?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Received my 6p on 1/20, fresh out of the box installed the 6.0.1 update and the January security patch. First day of use on AT&T, LTE was inconsistent and mostly stayed on 3G. After researching and reading through several threads I tried some of the solutions offered. My phone defaulted to Att nextgenphone apn settings during setup. Two changes worked for me, one was to remove the fota setting in apn types under the nextgenphone apn setting. The second was to use the att phone apn option. I've been using the att phone apn setting for several days now and have locked on to LTE consistently using that setting.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Received my 6p on 1/20, fresh out of the box installed the 6.0.1 update and the January security patch. First day of use on AT&T, LTE was inconsistent and mostly stayed on 3G. After researching and reading through several threads I tried some of the solutions offered. My phone defaulted to Att nextgenphone apn settings during setup. Two changes worked for me, one was to remove the fota setting in apn types under the nextgenphone apn setting. The second was to use the att phone apn option. I've been using the att phone apn setting for several days now and have locked on to LTE consistently using that setting.

I hope this can help others :). Thanks for sharing it!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana