April update 2016

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the April update yet? I just read on a text like that it's out for all Nexus devices.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That just means that the factory image is available to download and install manually, if you want. It might have started rolling out as an OTA update, but as with all rollouts, not everyone gets it at the same time.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Here we go again....OTA should start rolling out as it starts rollouts on the first Monday of the month. But it's not for everyone. It comes out in batches. I usually get mine in the middle of the month.

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Here we go again....OTA should start rolling out as it starts rollouts on the first Monday of the month. But it's not for everyone. It comes out in batches. I usually get mine in the middle of the month.
Hah, I've always gotten mine near the end of the month for some reason. We're already going into next month's update, and I've just gotten the previous update 5-7 days before 😛

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hah, I've always gotten mine near the end of the month for some reason. We're already going into next month's update, and I've just gotten the previous update 5-7 days before 😛

Look at the bright side - it's still months quicker than any other device!

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Flash boys and girls flash. It's a Nexus for a reason.

Yep. This really is the point though...

It's the device that gives you the option of instant update gratification with a few simple steps. There really is no need to be annoyed by generally fast, but still unpredictable, update timelines.

Nexus 6P

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't flashing wipe your data? What method do you, or anyone reading, use to back up and restore your data when flashing?

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm sure smarter people than me will chime in on this. But I don't believe flashing a security update wipes your data.

Nexus 6P

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
OTA link for April security patch?

Does anyone have a link where I can download the OTA for the April Security patch? My bootloader is locked so I need the OTA not the factory images. Thanks is advance :)

GreatCanadian

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I usually get mine about the middle of the month. And that's perfect for me. If there are any issues with the monthly update I'm sure to read about them on this forum, and can then decide whether to apply the update when it arrives mid-month. I know this isn't everyone's preference, but it works perfectly for me. That being said, my Nexus 9 receives the update early in the month. I just go ahead and run it as I don't really care if I have issues with the tablet. However, I do not want to unnecessarily introduce issues to my phone.

GC

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez