Cautionary PSA regarding October update

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
This might be a total fluke, but I thought it was worth letting you all know that after taking the OTA update to NBD90X last night my phone lost all cellular connectivity and I had to do a factory reset to get back up and running (I use a T-Mobile prepaid SIM). Has anyone else had this problem? Until we get a better sense of whether it's a one-off or a bigger issue you might want to wait on taking the update, at least until you have the time to do a reset if needed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have any issues. You didn't happen to try a cache partition wipe first, did you?

thebourbonnflip

May 23, 2011
Visit site
If you looked at many twitter post from 'T-Mobile's Help' twitter handle, there was a network outage nation wide. I too have T-mobile and last night on my 6p it stated 'No Service' for over an hour. So yeah, nothing wrong with the update, just that T-Mobile had network issues.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
For me it was all night until 11am when I did the factory reset. I doubt that's a coincidence. But anyway as long as everyone else is okay it's cool, just making sure.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Ouch, sorry it seemed to go poorly for you.

I haven't had any issues with the update myself as far as connectivity goes.

goadamn

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I had issues (and am on T-Mobile)
I was having issues with MMS ever since Nougat. Thought it was a VPN I installed, but then it kept going.
I went into my APN and updated my APN Roaming Protocol to IPv4/IPv6

After updating to 90X, last night I was unable to connect to the data while off of wifi, even if network was showing LTE.
I switched my protocol back to IPv6 and rebooted phone, then it was working again.

I haven't tested the MMS since, but at least I can use the data service, which is more regular for me than MMS