Got Oreo on Nexus 6P from Beta

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The stable build is out, you can safely unenroll from the beta and not lose anything.

When I unenroll it attempts to push 7.1.2 which would wipe my 6P. I'll keep waiting.... maybe I'll get lucky and get O with 5 Sept 17 patch..... not likely, but I can hope

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I received the final today, OPR6.170623.013, and had been on Beta (just the final Beta) before.
I'm on AT&T, and I did notice, on the builds-page that it says "Not for TMO/USCC/Fi)". Seems a bit "odd", that it's NOT for Fi customers (or the others), if I'm "translating" that correctly.
This is NOT a statement that I know what Google intends there, just my interpretation.

I did also have "Google" (the process) totally nuke my battery last night too, went from about 95% to 30%, all for the "Google" process, even though I still had to download the final build today, it was weird. The download was fast, almost too fast, for nearly a Gig, so I'm hoping that most of that drain was actually attributed to the update process, and is just obscured in the Google process itself.
Before this, I had zero (real) issues with battery on the final Oreo Beta build, it actually seemed to be doing a bit better than Nougat, in that regard.

I went ahead and flushed my cache, and now I'm charging back up, hoping that the Google drain issue was a "one off".

Edit: I should mention, I de-enrolled my 6P from the Beta too, right after installing the final update, and everything went "as expected", there were no more updates available, on my device.

Sammytheorangutan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I received the final today, OPR6.170623.013, and had been on Beta (just the final Beta) before.

I fired up my old 6P the other day just to enroll in beta to check out Oreo (it's not connected to a carrier at the moment). That's the build I've got. I don't see a lot of major improvements over 7.1.2 (or even 7.0 as I have on my LG G6). Still trying to get PIP to work (and it's only supposed to work on a very few apps). Not really sure what else there is to it other than some supposed stability improvements. Since my 6P isn't my primary phone, I'll probably unenroll from beta soon just to see if it knocks me back down to 7.1.2.

Blurr26

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I got it on sprint 2 days ago. I've been getting updates a lot quicker lately. Ever since Feb/Mar I've been getting updates since day 1 when they would drop.
Hmmmm, then maybe I'll see it soon although I believe you weren't in the beta when you got the update?

Sprint network, NY
Android Beta vOPP4.170623.014

Last edited:

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but I wouldn't. Went from 7.1.2 to the 8 beta in hopes of then getting the final version of 8 and big mistake; my battery life has been horrible. Don't want to start from scratch with wiping out everything and as a project-fi customer can't sideload 8 since its not recommended yet. Probably will end up having to do a complete wipeout and reinstall when 8 is officially released for project-fi customers, but as of now, I'm not going to reinstall 7.1.2. I'll wait for the official version of 8 to show up. My battery life went from 4 hours of on screen time to half that. Using accubattery which shows a 93% capacity left on the battery, so it shouldn't be this bad. Cleaned out the cache from the recovery bootup and tried to look for any suspicous battery draining apps; there weren't. I went to beta a week ago, so the battery life should have settled down by now, but it hasn't. Like I said, stay on 7.1.2 and don't install the beta. My two cents worth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez