battery after updates.

Carlost88

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
Currently on pie with December security patch in the uk, I've noticed battery isnta great as it was a few months back. Has anyone else thought the same? I know batteries degrade after time which loses capacity but not this quick lol. We t from getting 7/8hrs ost to 6

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That depends on how low you've been draining the battery. Run it until the phone shuts off at every charge cycle and you can kill it completely in a month or two. The standard minimum is 40% - if you can't charge it at that point, shut it off until you can.

As for the update, it may be running a bit more heavily at first (you're running Nokiaa's December update, but which Android [Google] update is that?). Some updates do more work to set up than others, some for a short time, some for a few days.

Carlost88

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
never get to the point were it shuts down but usually leave it till 15/20% till I'll plug in. I know there's ways to get a battery to least longer (health) I've used a 3rd party charged slot of times just so the battery isn't getting fast charged every night. I'll see how it goes it's not at the point were I'd class if as needing a battery swap it's just that I've noticed it giving less stamina. I've had honor 8x since release and that's seems to be giving me better stamina now after few updates than it did in the 1st week of having it

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been feeling the same way since the update. I never tracked it to be 100% sure but I would often go to bed with more than 50% remaining on battery. now it's always under 50 regardless of usage (well, unless I never used the phone all day!)

Carlost88

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
maybe it's just the last update that's causing it to so that, I've researched and seems a few Nokia users are saying same and asking for a fix with Jan update

Carlost88

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
so I've tried a few things to calibrate battery and it's definitely the December update. see people report that they drained it to 1 then charged while off and it fixed, didn't for me. 1 said disable play services but not doing that when I shouldn't have too, another said reset and start fresh install of all apps not restorw and still only getting a about 5.5hours ost with around 13hrs use which is terrible for what it used to give. hoping the January update fixes because this phone was the best all round phone I purchased in 2018 and it would be a shut shame if it wasn't going to stay with me till at least 9.1/10 update

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Have you done the basics? Clear your cache partition and reboot? Open settings and see what is using battery and post a screenshot.

Carlost88

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
wasn't even a clear cache option in recovery that's the 1st thing I went to do lol. tried reverting to oreo yesterday got the downgrade oackage from nokia labs site but failed in recovery so guess that ain't happening. I'll run today and post ss later tonight

Carlost88

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
says last full charge 9 hours ago on 1st screenshot but it's been near 24h the last full charge because I got to 100% before I went to bed. I think it tripped it because I turned phone off to enter recovery earlier an Sri enter recovery u need to plug the charger in. before this update these number were noticeable higher no doubt about it

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
You're usage stats say it all. FB, Messanger and Whats app are draining it. Uninstall the above and reboot. Access FB by browser for a day. See if your problems are gone.

Carlost88

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
using the lite version of both never drained it previous to December update although they were at the top usually got 7/7:30hr ost with the same exact apps. I'll monitor today see what's what because I might just sell if it stays the same because my honor 8x with smaller battery and bigger screen gose 8+hr ost with over 20hr off charge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress