OnePlus 3 with AT&T - not able to get LTE connection

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
After seeing this post I went and looked closer at my OnePlus 3T. I'm using it on AT&T. It doesn't show LTE on the status bar but I never looked into what its supposed to show with various towers.
But after looking in the settings I do see it's on LTE.

Used LTE Discovery to see which band I'm currently on. Band 2 at the moment.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I see LTE and other times I don't. Currently, I do not see LTE in the notification bar, but using LTE Discovery, I see I'm on band 17.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
None of these work for me. I've tried several different APN settings some found here some elsewere. NXTGENPHONE, ATT HSPA+, ATT PHONE, ATT WAP none work. Tried rebooting each and tried each with SIM slot 2. Called ATT today they gave me one to try and checked the imei number. Said it was provisioned and good to go. I have an ATT SIM card new less then a year ago working in a Blackberry Priv 4g with no issues. After all that still "H" no 4G. ???? Any ideas. I'm ready to sell this and go back to my Blackberry.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
So you've followed this guide to a "T" and still no joy? In that case, I have to wonder if you have a defective phone?

cjx6Sno.png

And what's up with the forum today? It's become too large to view on my display.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried getting a new sim card? I have had no issues on ATT at all.

None of these work for me. I've tried several different APN settings some found here some elsewere. NXTGENPHONE, ATT HSPA+, ATT PHONE, ATT WAP none work. Tried rebooting each and tried each with SIM slot 2. Called ATT today they gave me one to try and checked the imei number. Said it was provisioned and good to go. I have an ATT SIM card new less then a year ago working in a Blackberry Priv 4g with no issues. After all that still "H" no 4G. ???? Any ideas. I'm ready to sell this and go back to my Blackberry.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
That's correct. Those settings exactly. Nothing. My device has been unlocked. If that has an effect

Hmm. I just tried something. After changing my access point Name and APN settings back to ATT phone and phone respectively, I now see LTE in the notification bar. However, using LTE Discovery, it still shows I'm on Band 17.

One other thing I noticed is that with the recommended settings from the AT&T link above (access point name: NXTGENPHONE and APN: NXTGENPHONE), I couldn't get the speedtest.net app to work. It said something about connection difficulties (and yet I've noticed no difference in service). But once I change the access point name and APN back to the original settings (ATT phone and phone respectively), the Speedtest app worked and LTE shows in the notification bar.

I'm not sure what to make of that. But, I would suggest that you change your access point name and APN to:
Name: ATT phone
APN: phone

and see if that makes any difference for you.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I just tried something. After changing my access point Name and APN settings back to ATT phone and phone respectively, I now see LTE in the notification bar. However, using LTE Discovery, it still shows I'm on Band 17.

One other thing I noticed is that with the recommended settings from the AT&T link above (access point name: NXTGENPHONE and APN: NXTGENPHONE), I couldn't get the speedtest.net app to work. It said something about connection difficulties (and yet I've noticed no difference in service). But once I change the access point name and APN back to the original settings (ATT phone and phone respectively), the Speedtest app worked and LTE shows in the notification bar.

I'm not sure what to make of that. But, I would suggest that you change your access point name and APN to:
Name: ATT phone
APN: phone

and see if that makes any difference for you.

Thanks. Yup had that running all day today with those settings. Rebooted no change. I have good cell and 3 speeds. Pulling over 6mbps. But still would like LTE

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Also when i say it's unlocked I mean there is the warning on the first boot screen about being unlocked and can't be trusted?

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Well got in touch with OP customer service. Appears I have a China model. Anyone know how to tell the difference between the China model and the north American model? Everything I have found shows they have the same model number?

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yup mine is A3000 also

The full model number is A3000_16_161118

From what I have found the North American model and the China model have the same number. But they have different bands. I have not found out how to tell the difference between the two?

I gave the customer service rep for Oneplus my imei's. He said the imei's on my phone are in their database as the China model.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The OnePlus 3 worldwide, Global, model is A3003.

However, both China and the U.S.A. still have the old CDMA networks as well as the worldwide GSM. These CDMA models are labelled as A3000.

As we can see below, the China A3000, CDMA model, is not compatible with the U.S. AT&T 4G/LTE network, whilst the North American, CDMA, A3000 models, are. Whether this is because of modem/baseband/radio firmware or because of hardware, I cannot say.

OP3 China, A3000, model on AT&T network

OP3 North American model, A3000, on AT&T network

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
How would the OP know whether he has a USA or a China version then? While there must be a method to the madness, it certainly doesn't make any sense to me that OP would give two different phones the same model number.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
How would the OP know whether he has a USA or a China version then? While there must be a method to the madness, it certainly doesn't make any sense to me that OP would give two different phones the same model number.

Yes this is my question as well. How do you tell? Especially when buying off of ebay or other used phones.