OnePlus5 wi-fi device connection problem

rmgcg

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
Hi!

I have a OnePlus 5 with Android 10/OxygenOS 10.0.0, and recently I've tried to connect my night vision scope (Pulsar Digex N450) via Stream Vision App and it just can't connect. The phone finds the equipment via wi-fi but then when it tries to connect, cycles between connected / disconnected and cannot stabilize the connection with consecutive drops. :'( I must also say that with another phone I have with android 8 I can connect without problems.
I have already contacted the App customer sevice and they say that is a problem with this particular phone or the OS of the phone. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some definition that I can change to solve the problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Anything you can change would be in the app or in the scope - the phone has very little to do with it. (It serves as an OS for the app - that's about it.) Troubleshoot other LAN or WAN (depending on where the scope shows up) connections to see if you can discover any consistency in where the connection is failing. But if it's in the app, there's not much you can do about it. (Try connecting to the scope with a web browser if you can determine the scope's address.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is there an option in your advanced wi-fi settings to ignore wi-fi networks that don't have an actual connection to the web?
@Javier P, are you aware of a setting like that in your OnePlus experience?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I have a OnePlus 5 with Android 10/OxygenOS 10.0.0, and recently I've tried to connect my night vision scope (Pulsar Digex N450) via Stream Vision App and it just can't connect. The phone finds the equipment via wi-fi but then when it tries to connect, cycles between connected / disconnected and cannot stabilize the connection with consecutive drops. :'( I must also say that with another phone I have with android 8 I can connect without problems.
I have already contacted the App customer sevice and they say that is a problem with this particular phone or the OS of the phone. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some definition that I can change to solve the problem?
A couple of friends that own a 5T just told me that they have experienced some communication problems after Android 10. Not exactly the same one that you experienced, though.

It seems there are some issues affecting the communication module that even delayed the latest update. I wonder if this is the cause of your problem.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/notice-regarding-the-oneplus-5-5t-update-delay.1304655/

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I think the best test could be trying to connect that device with a different phone in the same WiFi network and see if it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniellewc