Most of the mobiles are getting heat while they are charging or using 4G network. what about OP5

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a OnePlus, but none of the phones I've ever used has got hot while charging or using 4G, of any make or OS.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a OnePlus, but none of the phones I've ever used has got hot while charging or using 4G, of any make or OS.

It's pretty common with phones that use Qualcomm quick charge, because it kind of sucks as a charging technique...

To answer the OP,, all phones will warm up a little when they're charged, but the Oneplus 3,3T and 5 that use dash charge as well as things like the pixel that use USB-PD will generally stay cooler than something using a higher voltage solution like quick charge.

ByteMyAscii

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
OnePlus has its proprietary Dash Charge which moves the power management, and therefore the heat into the charger instead of being managed in the phone by the Qualcomm SoC.
That explains why it is less prone to generating extra heat.
Interesting the mention of USB-PD in at least two threads on this subject, something I admittedly am not familiar with.
Will look it up though.
Given the standardisation in many areas, why is this one not being implemented more widely.
Do the phone implementations offer anything fundamentally better ?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
All of my devices get hot when on the wireless charging pad in my car but only now and then... Can't work out why. Most times they sit on the pad for hours and stay cool...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress