ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

Okay, to clear things up...

We were never supposed to be able to tether at all, even on the 2.2.1 firmware. It was just an oversight by VM that we were able to unlock that feature easily. So when VM released the update, they of course fixed this bug (it is a bug, albeit a helpful one). The radio update itself has absolutely nothing to do directly with tethering, and by all reports you can still tether just fine with it applied.

Correlation does not impy causation...

Reactions: cole2kb

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Someone in the update thred

Sent from my Ice Cream Sandwitch using Taptalk

Unless you read it in a VM press release, I wouldn't trust what you read there as canon. That is unless, you heard it from a dev who is actively working.

All that being said, I'm no radio engineer, but I would bet that a lot of it has to do with geography.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
The radio update? The whole purpose was to stop tethering on 2.2.1 phones.

Sent from my Ice Cream Sandwitch using Taptalk

The radio itself cannot stop tethering, and I doubt that was its only intent since the molasses speeds you get are enough to deter most users.

Timand1

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

Found some problems don't know how to fix them but I'm sure you developers do other than these, I would love this ROM and the probs are as follows

Regular clock doesn't work

WiFi hotspot doesn't work

some other minor bugs

everything else is amazing would love to have these fixed and run this on my OV. Thanks to everyone who is making this possible

ConfettiMonster

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

I really hope you realize everyone involved with this project is a rock star. Thanks for kicking butt. If it wasn't for my Play Music app crashing constantly, I'd be rocking this ROM right now. I very much look forward to what your hard work and dedication will bring. Please know you are greatly appreciated and if there is any way I can contribute to this project I will not hesitate to do so.

bray462

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys.

I had this ROM as my daily for a couple of weeks, then flashed the LeWa ROM to try it out. Well, I decided to go back to this one. However, when I flashed this one this time, my home and menu buttons are reversed. I wiped everything and re-flashed, but it is still the same. I didn't have this problem the first time. What can I do to get my buttons mapped correctly again?

Status
Not open for further replies.