ARCHIVED: [ROM] RodimusROM v1.2.3 + xionia [4/3/11] All themes update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirth

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how the battery life is compared to the Stock + Xionia ROM? I'm on that now but ready to try something new. My main concerns are battery life, and how much space is included in a ROM (as right now I only have like, 12mb left :( )

bn

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how the battery life is compared to the Stock + Xionia ROM? I'm on that now but ready to try something new. My main concerns are battery life, and how much space is included in a ROM (as right now I only have like, 12mb left :( )
Space-wise the Stock + Xionia ROM is better. Once I install all the apps I need, I have about 60mb left on Stock + Xionia vs about 35mb on Rodimus. In terms of battery use, I didn't see much difference (compared to CM7-based ROMs these two are much better when it comes to battery use).

Reactions: Mirth

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Didn't mean to come off as anything bad, I just really wanted to know. That being said, thank you very very very very very much for the zip to get rid of the clock. In case I want to revert to full stock for any weird reason, is that reversible? Doubt I will need to, but it's still nice to know.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Free space with a clean install of stock is 142mb. Free space with a clean install of RodimudROM is
135mb. The difference is caused by stock not having a bootanimation. If a few mb is a dealbreaker, just delete the bootanimation.

And to 'bn', please research before you post so that you don't spread any misinformation.

Didn't mean to come off as anything bad, I just really wanted to know. That being said, thank you very very very very very much for the zip to get rid of the clock. In case I want to revert to full stock for any weird reason, is that reversible? Doubt I will need to, but it's still nice to know.

No problem. That's why there is a donate link :)

(to revert, just flash the b&b theme)

Mirth

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Free space with a clean install of stock is 142mb. Free space with a clean install of RodimudROM is
135mb. The difference is caused by stock not having a bootanimation. If a few mb is a dealbreaker, just delete the bootanimation.

Thanks for the info. I flashed the ROM pretty much only for the Black and Blue theme because I really like the black status bar and Gingerbread icons in the status bar, but I'm not really digging the the Metal Gear noise when plugging in the USB (scares the crap out of me, haha) and the animation in the milliseconds after unlocking the phone seems jerky.

I reallllly like the Ginberbread status bar though, so I'm at a standstill on whether to keep this ROM or go back...

Either or, I very much appreciate your work in the Optimus V community with your ROMTools and your custom ROM!

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I really like the rom. Thanks for all your hard work. I have two suggestions:

1. Don't include apps that any user can download and install from the market if they want (launcherpro for example is a real pain to uninstall.) People who use custom roms want ultimate control over what is included and excluded from their phone. If you are going to include market apps, can you not set them to auto update by default? Your first visit to the market should not be met with 3-4 auto download and installs.
2. Include at least one file browser app so you can install apk files through the microsd and not be required to setup an account and use market. That way you can restore all backups to your phone without any need to make an account with google.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I can't BT pair with my PC. it forces close when it asks for a pin.

I love the new theme update and location is working great.

EDIT
I reflashed and I got it to pair.

Last edited:

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your efforts!

Edit: worked with pairing on pc, but failed in car... :(

Car has 4 digit code, pc was 6 I think...

Also worth noting... after I flash, I then download restore my titanium backup which was restoring my bluetooth profiles.

Drezliok, did you pair immediately after flashing or did you restore from a backup as well the first and second time?

Last edited:

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Worked great! Thanks for your efforts!

Edit: worked with pairing on pc, but failed in car... :(

Car has 4 digit code, pc was 6 I think...

Also worth noting... after I flash, I then download restore my titanium backup which was restoring my bluetooth profiles.

Drezliok, did you pair immediately after flashing or did you restore from a backup as well the first and second time?
I paired immediately. but it's not letting me anymore. I used titanium back up but I told it to ignore the BT settings.

I reflashed, tested, added the 50% w/o signal fix apk, tested. worked both times. flashed the blue and black theme, used titanium to restore user apps, and then went to bed. tested just now and it doesn't work again.

Reactions: jmel

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Seems like it's a near hit then... Something obviously changed as it would not let me pair to my pc before and now it is, but the car is still a no go, and from your post just now, it sounds like it's about the same for you.

I'd be glad to beta test this a bit if mmmark111 needs assistance in this regard.

I doubt it will make a difference, but I am considering reflashing the OG theme to see if that is what is breaking it... I too use the black and blue theme.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It paired with my PC fine before the black and white them is applied. Aftwards it's a no go. I will redownload the theme pack from one of the other sources and see if I just got a bad zip file.

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It paired with my PC fine before the black and white them is applied. Aftwards it's a no go. I will redownload the theme pack from one of the other sources and see if I just got a bad zip file.

I've grabbed the OG theme and I'm going to test in a few minutes with my car.

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I think it will work. I paired with my PC then installed the theme, it broke the bluetooth.

Yep it worked.

So the blue and black theme has issue with bluetooth, how ironic :) - I wonder if v1 has the same problem as v2 (which is what I used last night)...

Another thing I noticed, is that with the updated themes, scrolling through homescreens with a live wallpaper is very very choppy at first, until the cpu scales up...

Can you try changing to the grass wallpaper and see what your results are?

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep it worked.

So the blue and black theme has issue with bluetooth, how ironic :)

Another thing I noticed, is that with the updated themes, scrolling through homescreens with a live wallpaper is very very choppy at first, until the cpu scales up...

Can you try changing to the grass wallpaper and see what your results are?

The OG theme pack has a build.prop file that is different from the main rom's build.prop. I'm 99% sure that he just forgot to update it. Maybe that is what is causing the strange behavior with the different themes.

Last edited:

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I think you are definitely on to something there... I was just looking at the files myself.

Oh well, I'll stick to Blue v1 (if it works, OG v2 if it doesn't) till this gets sorted. I like the fly in animations, but they seem a bit laggy sometimes.

Still glad he has put his valuable time into this. I work full time and go to school full time, and can't imagine developing a project like this with my spare time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress