Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The only values I see that are different between the two build.prop files are:

debug.sf.hw=0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=90

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
the black and blue theme v1 works fine with the latest rom. I'm going to use it, unless there is a compelling reason for v2.

My bluetooth works, my location finding works. I'm very satisfied. I also like the look a bit better than v2.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
What brand of stereo are you trying to connect to?

My Pioneer has worked on all roms for music. It will pair for headset just wont actually allow you to hear people.

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I am using a dual head unit. I don't remember the model number, but it allows you to make/receive calls and listen to bluetooth enabled devices, such as a phone.

Like I said, I have pinpointed the issue though, so I feel better now. It is definitely the newest v2 black and blue theme.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth isn't that important to me right now. So I will uses the new theme for now. I just wanted to help out with the testing.

Reactions: jmel

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am using a dual head unit. I don't remember the model number, but it allows you to make/receive calls and listen to bluetooth enabled devices, such as a phone.

Like I said, I have pinpointed the issue though, so I feel better now. It is definitely the newest v2 black and blue theme.

That is good.
Just want to get a idea of the various brands.
Might be a specific software being used by the H/U's.

The Droid X had big issues with kenwood h/u's and some factory Lexus h/u's.

shawayne21

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I try posting in the appropriate threads but they're dead compared to this one, so if you can please allow me to post my problems so others can reply quicker to get this rom installed on my phone quicker :-D.

well, I tried putting Xionia recovery on my phone and now when I go into recovery a blue screen with white letters appears saying:

I tried getting the Xionia recovery, and when I go into recovery now it turns into a blue screen with white letters saying:

Fastboot
edc_start()

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I try posting in the appropriate threads but they're dead compared to this one, so if you can please allow me to post my problems so others can reply quicker to get this rom installed on my phone quicker :-D.

well, I tried putting Xionia recovery on my phone and now when I go into recovery a blue screen with white letters appears saying:

I tried getting the Xionia recovery, and when I go into recovery now it turns into a blue screen with white letters saying:

Fastboot
edc_start()
Please dont cross post problems to threads that arent related.
If you give it time somebody that knows why will answer.
Not everybody is available all day to respond.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Aawwww balls. I thought I had it, haha. You guys will have to wait a few more days. In the meantime, try switching out the settings.apk in the black and blue theme with the stock one and try again. Also, use the build.prop from the ROM and not the one from any of the themes. Oops :p

Thanks for being patient :cool:

Reactions: jmel

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Aawwww balls. I thought I had it, haha. You guys will have to wait a few more days. In the meantime, try switching out the settings.apk in the black and blue theme with the stock one and try again. Also, use the build.prop from the ROM and not the one from any of the themes. Oops :p

No worries. The black and blue theme v1 is working fine with the latest rom, so I'll use that until you have time to make other changes.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Reactions: mmmark111

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So bluetooth and location services only work on blue theme v1?

No, location works on any theme with the updated rom, but bluetooth has some issues with blue theme v2 (at least that's how it is when I tested).

Feel free to report your own results.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

I will test and report back.

EDIT
I haven't had any luck. I will also use the older black and white theme.

Last edited:

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
How come after i flash the recovery and it does the auto reboot my phone is getting stuck at the LG screen and not going in to recovery mode?

Start from scratch, read, re-read. This shouldn't happen, as all of these tools work unless you have a hardware problem or missed a step.

RKBA

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Dang, I think I need to send a donation mmmmark's way

OK, I flashed the new release of the rom and the B&B theme v2, and successfully paired my phone. I had some issues when I restored from TiBackup, and also when I tried pushing the ROM's Settings.apk to my phone, so I reflashed everything and started over. Here's the steps I took that worked for me:
  1. Make a backup
  2. Flash the ROM
  3. Reboot (not into Recovery)
  4. Reboot into Recovery
  5. Flash the Black & Blue Theme v2
  6. Reboot (not into Recovery)
  7. Reboot into Recovery
  8. Flash a2sd
  9. Reboot (not into Recovery)
  10. Run "adb shell" on computer to reinstall a2sd (it will reboot the phone)
  11. Go out to the garage and pair my car to the phone
  12. Do a happy dance

And since then, I restored my app (and some system) data from TiBackup, and just went back out and verified that my phone and car are still paired up. Oddly, I did have to go into Bluetooth Settings and tell it to connect, even though I had enabled BT from the Power Widget. So there may be an issue there.

Otherwise, the only issue I've found so far on the new ROM is that Google Talk fails to authenticate with my account (it's an apps account, if it makes any difference, and yes Talk is enabled for my domain.) I don't use GTalk though, so I don't really care.

Reactions: drezliok

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if blue theme v2 is to blame or simply my ever so desired status bar's extra space... but I got force closes up the wazoo... will test further, of course, to see if maybe I muxed up something up... but that wasn't a happy thing for me... :(

BadAngel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Everything works flawlessly for me with the black theme version two... Bluetooth connected without an issue! (I set up the connection BEFORE i updated the theme though, I'm not sure if that's why I'm not having an issue)

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
OK, I flashed the new release of the rom and the B&B theme v2, and successfully paired my phone. I had some issues when I restored from TiBackup, and also when I tried pushing the ROM's Settings.apk to my phone, so I reflashed everything and started over. Here's the steps I took that worked for me:
  1. Make a backup
  2. Flash the ROM
  3. Reboot (not into Recovery)
  4. Reboot into Recovery
  5. Flash the Black & Blue Theme v2
  6. Reboot (not into Recovery)
  7. Reboot into Recovery
  8. Flash a2sd
  9. Reboot (not into Recovery)
  10. Run "adb shell" on computer to reinstall a2sd (it will reboot the phone)
  11. Go out to the garage and pair my car to the phone
  12. Do a happy dance

And since then, I restored my app (and some system) data from TiBackup, and just went back out and verified that my phone and car are still paired up. Oddly, I did have to go into Bluetooth Settings and tell it to connect, even though I had enabled BT from the Power Widget. So there may be an issue there.

Otherwise, the only issue I've found so far on the new ROM is that Google Talk fails to authenticate with my account (it's an apps account, if it makes any difference, and yes Talk is enabled for my domain.) I don't use GTalk though, so I don't really care.

I tried it again. I followed your steps paired before applying the theme and it worked fine. I don't have anything else to pair it to yet to see if it can after the theme install.

I am happily and (lol) slowly able to transfer files to and from my phone.

I am looking for my headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non