[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

vB396530

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Best Rom but having a prob with headset Mic doesn't work or the buttons. Great work Guys I.H.O is GREAT!!. Running Jerry's latest build . Has this been talked about if so can some1 link me to the discussion

fstmstngs

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I see mrg666's rom has the transparent status bar... is there a way to add this to Jerry's rom and use the zip on the wiki to revert back to stock if I don't like it? I really like Jerry's rom.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Best Rom but having a prob with headset Mic doesn't work or the buttons. Great work Guys I.H.O is GREAT!!. Running Jerry's latest build . Has this been talked about if so can some1 link me to the discussion
It has been discussed, and is being looked into, but no idea when it will be resolved. See the wiki linked from the OP of this thread for all the details.

I see mrg666's rom has the transparent status bar... is there a way to add this to Jerry's rom and use the zip on the wiki to revert back to stock if I don't like it? I really like Jerry's rom.
You can take the framework-res.apk and systemui.apk from the ROM zip file to UOT Kitchen and make a transparent status bar.

Thanked, didn't realize I had to also flash gapps when upgrading. backside.
Hopefully you won't have to reflash gapps most of the time, had a couple of issues with recent builds that made it necessary.

TibsterNumber13

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Had a quick issue today.
I was texting this morning just fine, and playing around with my phone too. (Some things in the settings)
Then, for all of today, I stopped receiving text messages. I could send, just not receive.
I thought it was no problem. Just that people didn't want to talk to me. >_>
But that wasn't the case, people were actually wondering why I wasn't responding.
I rebooted my phone, then all the messages came in...

What caused this to happen? Did I do something I didn't know about it to accidentally disable receiving messages?

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i'm sorry if this was already discussed but im not getting sound on my videos with the 8-25 backside build, is that the same for every one

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Had a quick issue today.
I was texting this morning just fine, and playing around with my phone too. (Some things in the settings)
Then, for all of today, I stopped receiving text messages. I could send, just not receive.
I thought it was no problem. Just that people didn't want to talk to me. >_>
But that wasn't the case, people were actually wondering why I wasn't responding.
I rebooted my phone, then all the messages came in...

What caused this to happen? Did I do something I didn't know about it to accidentally disable receiving messages?

It's very possible you did something while tweaking settings that cause the service to stop. If it happens again, try to remember what settings your play with to cause it.

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I just made a 5 second test video, on the 0825 build, and it recorded sound fine.
thanks, i seem to have little issues like every so often when i flash a new build. last time it was fickel wifi this time its the video sound, and i recently had a backup that would not restore, would i be better off moving from CWM 3.2.0.1 recovery to the IHO recovery?

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Insanely great work Jerry! Im using your latest build, i flashed the day you released it. Sorry for the late comment. But yeah, you really did awesome. It works flawlessly for me. Except i dont use a wired headset, so I'm not sure about the problems others are having. But yeah, i dont have any problems.
i do gotta say, the screen sensor thing for landscape (forgot the name xD) works alot better but mine is still haywire. I can't play any games that use that sensor. I know its not the ROMS fault, but felt like saying that.
And TibsterNumber13, the same happened to me that same day. So maybe it was VM.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryScript

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
random problem where i cannot connect to wifi at all. it says signal strength excellent, but it just hinders at obtaining ip. not sure if its the roms fault but..

gymelsmythe

May 10, 2011
Visit site
No problems yet Jerry....OV is running flawlessly!! And my battery life is the best its ever been! !!19 hours off the charger with HEAVY wifi use and txt.....and I'm only at 70% !!! I had to double check it, but its right!! Freakin' awesome!!:)

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had wifi problems. Double check your IP settings, sometimes they change or you have to change them.
And i agree with gymelsmythe, mine is flawless and my batery life is great. But not as rediculous as gymelsmythe's. Lol.

framirezferrer

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
It has been discussed, and is being looked into, but no idea when it will be resolved. See the wiki linked from the OP of this thread for all the details.

Jerry, I checked the known bugs listed on the wiki and this issue appears in the "closed" tab. I am 100% that this was working since I was using the headset mic for calls, Skype and Groove IP. Somewhere along the way it got broken again.

Thanks

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Just installed Jerry's installation. With post back again when everything is done.

EDIT 1:
"warning, this phone will self destruct in 5 seconds"

I got scared there for a bit

EDIT 2: I accidentally removed menu button and I don't know how to add it back. Can anyone help me?
EDIT 3: Got the menu back. Just wondering how to change what those buttons do when you pull down the notification button. ex: wifi, bluetooth, etc

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Jerry, I checked the known bugs listed on the wiki and this issue appears in the "closed" tab. I am 100% that this was working since I was using the headset mic for calls, Skype and Groove IP. Somewhere along the way it got broken again.

Thanks

If you think you have a legitimate bug report, be sure to do a complete wipe/format, reflash the ROM and gapps, then reproduce the bug and grab logcat and dmesg output, post it to pastebin, then reopen the issue with links to the pastbin materials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez