[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Installation Instructions

If you don’t know what the terms used below mean, see The Total Newbie's Dictionary.

1. Back up important apps & data using something like Titanium Backup
  2. Boot into recovery mode (from power-off, hold vol-down, home, & power until LG logo)
  3. Consider performing a Nandroid backup
  4. Wipe Cache & Dalvik-cache
  5. Format system, data, and cache (Only if coming from another ROM or 1st time installing)
  6. Flash your chosen ROM
  7. Flash Google apps (from HERE) (Only if coming from another ROM or 1st time installing)
  8. Reboot

Read the instructions on the download page. You wipe everything, flash the ROM, and then flash GAPPS. Also you can try the IHO recovery from https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/IHO-Recovery

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried the BACKside rom and got the "indefinite boot loop"... I wiped everything, flashed gapps and flashed the ROM and rebooted... I saw the LG startup logo, then the android guy with IHO under it & then the cool green android avatar animation with a countdown soundclip....then it did the IHO and animation again, after 3 times, I took my battery out and forced my phone into recovery to do a nand restore.

Why was it stuck in boot? Idk what to do about getting a ROM if its doing this to me...does it have anything to do with my recovery? I don't have xionia, I used the original "recovery-cwm-thunderc" one...or however the file is spelled out, I cant remember cuz I renamed it to vrecovery to push it in terminal emulator since I used Gingerbreak to root.

Not sure why it would boot loop on you I recommend you ensure you wipe the cache and dalvik-cache then wipe data/factory reset. It could have just been a bad flash... I have had weird things happen before as well, and performing the install corrected it.

It is highly recommended to use the IHO Recovery found at https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary when flashing IHO ROM's. I have even had issues with the regular ClockworkMod...

Sent from my LG Optimus-V using Tapatalk

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if its the rom, a2sd or my memory card,but 3 times now, sdext wouldn't mount on boot, I have to remount in terminal and reload my apps to internal, and move them back with a2sd, this last time I just moved them with link2sd, I will see if this works better. Anyone else have these issues? I'm on bobs build.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Please don't quote the entire first post, we have all read it. ;)

Use a newer recovery, and be sure to wipe cache and dalvik cache, and format boot, system, data, and cache. Them flash the ROM and gapps.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Using the latest Mirage build, it seems a bit snappier than BACKside, but that could totally just be in my head. I'm hoping the new governors will give me improved battery life at least, we shall see. Thanks for all the hard work, everybody.

heather2626

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Installation Instructions

If you don?t know huwhat the terms used below mean, see The Total Newbie's Dictionary.

1. Back up important apps & data using something like Titanium Backup
  2. Boot into recovery mode (from power-off, hold vol-down, home, & power until LG logo)
  3. Consider performing a Nandroid backup
  4. Wipe Cache & Dalvik-cache
  5. Format system, data, and cache (Only if coming from another ROM or 1st time installing)
  6. Flash your chosen ROM
  7. Flash Google apps (from HERE) (Only if coming from another ROM or 1st time installing)
  8. Reboot

Read the instructions on the download page. You wipe everything, flash the ROM, and then flash GAPPS. Also you can try the IHO recovery from https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/IHO-Recovery

I wiped everything, but i'm not seeing Format system, data or cache options in my recovery. I just tried flashing the xionia recovery.img and I see Xionia at the top and all the blue texted options and when I hit the select button, it turns into a black screen but when I hit the button again, all the options/list shows up again. So I just flashed back to the original recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-sa.1.1.0.img

How can I fix Xionia? Or should I get ROM Manager again & try flashing clockworkMOD recovery? I'm lost.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I wiped everything, but i'm not seeing Format system, data or cache options in my recovery. I just tried flashing the xionia recovery.img and I see Xionia at the top and all the blue texted options and when I hit the select button, it turns into a black screen but when I hit the button again, all the options/list shows up again. So I just flashed back to the original recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-sa.1.1.0.img

How can I fix Xionia? Or should I get ROM Manager again & try flashing clockworkMOD recovery? I'm lost.

If you have the flash_image on your sdcard then just flash a new recovery via terminal or adb.
The wiki has instruction on how to flash a new recovery.

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

With Xionia and CWM recoveries use the camera button (located on the right side of the phone at the buttom) has the select (enter button) button. The volume up/down buttons move the highlighted cursor up and down.

First Strike

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Awesome ROM! I love it! Would you be so kind as to disable the sleep feature on the phone's backlights? I don't know if you are familiar with Picastick's kernel, but he has done this. It helps with the notification light mod.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Under cynogen settings, go to lockscreen widget settings and you can center everything there.
4ceedc42-6bec-7cbc.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kreatur3

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
New bobzhome 9/26 build is working great. Animations seem to be rendered much more smoothly than on the 9/19 backside build I was running previously, and the touchscreen seems more responsive. Best iho rom I've tried!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New BACKside-IHO is ready:
BACKside-IHO-VM670-09282011.zip
md5 a3b6373829be1bbf773a33d4bb13f670

GreenMachineTheme:
GreenMachineTheme-09282011.zip

Added the 2d engine optimizations, most system ui elements should be smoother now, fixed the center clock being overlayed by notifications, added 6th band to equalizer, added easter egg graphics to thank Blarf, BobZhome, and the users (find them same place as aosp and cm easter eggs).

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
New BACKside-IHO is ready:
BACKside-IHO-VM670-09282011.zip
md5 a3b6373829be1bbf773a33d4bb13f670

GreenMachineTheme:
GreenMachineTheme-09282011.zip

Added the 2d engine optimizations, most system ui elements should be smoother now, fixed the center clock being overlayed by notifications, added 6th band to equalizer, added easter egg graphics to thank Blarf, BobZhome, and the users (find them same place as aosp and cm easter eggs).

Easter egg graphics? Like the pictures in the settings menu and such?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress