Boot animation

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
ok i have lg optimus v running backside i.h.o 7.2.... trying to change boot animation and is not working. i found the default boot animation in System/media, no boot animation in data/local. i have tried it multiple ways and none of them have work. any clues or am i just looking in the wrong place(using Root explorer).

o and if i extracted the rom and placed a diffrent boot animation in it and reflashed would that work????????

Last edited:

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Rename the bootanimation that you want to bootanimation.zip and delete the unwanted one.

ETA's kill puppies. Sent from my _______ using Tapatalk.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Use a root capable file manager, make sure the system is mounted as r/w and the file has superuser permission. Then it it's as simple as copy and pasting the bootanimation.zip from your sd card to system/media. I do it every time I update my ROM. Just make sure to delete the original boot animation first.

Reactions: jaredw444

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
done all that... read before you reply and what do you mean make sure the file has super user permission? you mean root explorer.(which mine does)

And no ones answered the second ?. If i Extract all the rom files and go in and replace the boot image with in the rom it self, then re-zip the file then flash would that work?

Could i write the command to play the boot animation in build.prop???

Last edited:

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
If i Extract all the rom files and go in and replace the boot image with in the rom it self, then re-zip the file then flash would that work?

sorry, i was at work... just open the rom zip, navigate to system media, remove the other boot animations... (leave the window open)... drag your anime to the zip and let it go... cpu should add files to archive... move it to your sd, wipe/format/flash, and you should be good to go... :)

Reactions: jaredw444

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
It could be the boot animation itself. It may not be compatible Could you upload or give us link to it so someone could test it?

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
ok got it to work...finally:p. idk what happen i just re-flashed iho backside and move the files over and the boot animation works now.

Does any one know how to get rid of the IHO Backside boot animation??????

Thanks for everyones ideas.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i had a feeling it was a case of a bad flash/incomplete or missing files... im glad you got it figured out... :)
why would you want to remove the developers logo?...

jaredw444

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
gotcha i was just wondering or if the developer may have a different one. hey can i take photos and make them into a boot animation.. i tried it the normal way. turning the pics into png and a jpeg file. wrote the desc.txt file and zipped but all i get is a black screen. i'd really like to have like a power point slide show of my son on my boot

ladycathy

May 7, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the Backside developer put in the animation in a non-standard way. If you open up the boot.img and extract the ramdisk, there's a folder called "bootimages" in the top-level directory. Inside that are 11 rle images that make up the backside boot animation (the android turning around to show his backside).

Then in init.thunderc.rc, there's a few lines of startup script ("service bootlogo /sbin/bootlogo") that runs a binary in sbin called "bootlogo".

In short, removing or replacing the backside animation requires actually making changes to the ramdisk in the boot image, not just tinkering with images in /system/media, /data/local, or even framework-res.apk.

It may easier to just start with a different ROM!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez