[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Since using just a 1GB partition as opposed to a 1.5GB partition I have noticed a slight difference. It does seem that the 1.5GB partition was better. The 1GB works, but with the 1.5GB partition my apps opened faster. I'm thinking about saving everything on the ext4 partition and moving back up to a 1.5GB partition. Difference could be in the ROM though. Won't know till I flash the MiRaGe backup and see for sure. Will post here with results.

Posted via Android Central App

drwtsn32

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Can't say I've seen that problem...
Yeah we were discussing it earlier in this thread. I'm not the only one with the issue. I have worked around it by configuring Tasker to shut off BT when it isn't connected for a few minutes, but it would be nice if I didn't have to do that.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Restored my MiRaGe backup today.
Same 1GB partition on SD card formatted to ext.4.

On the Jellybean ROM I only had 78 apps (I only had 78MB's of space on the internal storage left even though most were linked with Link2SD) and they didn't open near as fast as I was used to with the MiRaGe ROM.
I have 93 aps on the MiRaGe ROM and they still open up just as quick as I remember (I have 113MB's of space still left on the internal storage).

The problem was not due to the 1GB partition, but in fact was caused by the Jellybean ROM. Our phones just don't have the RAM, Internal storage space, or the proper processor for ICS and Jellybean ROMs.
thekravens SlimRom, and my modded/themed version of it, is as close as we are going to get to a pretty decent Jellybean ROM for our V.

WOW!
Sometimes you forget just how good something is until you don't have it for a while.
The MiRaGe ROM is still the best ROM for our phone. It truly is an amazing ROM.

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas how to get google play music to start faster, sometimes it come up quick, others its 2 or 3 minutes till i can select something to play.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Restored my MiRaGe backup today.
Same 1GB partition on SD card formatted to ext.4.

On the Jellybean ROM I only had 78 apps (I only had 78MB's of space on the internal storage left even though most were linked with Link2SD) and they didn't open near as fast as I was used to with the MiRaGe ROM.
I have 93 aps on the MiRaGe ROM and they still open up just as quick as I remember (I have 113MB's of space still left on the internal storage).

The problem was not due to the 1GB partition, but in fact was caused by the Jellybean ROM. Our phones just don't have the RAM, Internal storage space, or the proper processor for ICS and Jellybean ROMs.
thekravens SlimRom, and my modded/themed version of it, is as close as we are going to get to a pretty decent Jellybean ROM for our V.

WOW!
Sometimes you forget just how good something is until you don't have it for a while.
The MiRaGe ROM is still the best ROM for our phone. It truly is an amazing ROM.

+1^

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas how to get google play music to start faster, sometimes it come up quick, others its 2 or 3 minutes till i can select something to play.
Try cleaning all caches, using Fast Reboot to gain more RAM, and installing the entropy_n_rngd tool (use the entropy.zip for the MiRaGe ROM).

jamoosh

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same experience. I thought it was just coincidentally. Thanks for sharing this.

Since using just a 1GB partition as opposed to a 1.5GB partition I have noticed a slight difference. It does seem that the 1.5GB partition was better. The 1GB works, but with the 1.5GB partition my apps opened faster. I'm thinking about saving everything on the ext4 partition and moving back up to a 1.5GB partition. Difference could be in the ROM though. Won't know till I flash the MiRaGe backup and see for sure. Will post here with results.

jamoosh

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm having an authentication problem that just began--I'm not sure if it is related to the ROM--so, if you'd advise that the post be moved to a different section, by all means.
The phone keeps asking me to enter my password. I have a relatively high degree of certainty that I am entering it correctly-but it keeps popping up and asking me to re-enter.
Me Gmail, Google Voice, Calendar, Google+ all seem to sync fine. I can log on just fine on the computer.
I've never had any similar problem with my logon credentials in the past, so I don't know what's up.
I've logged into my Google account settings and verified everything--and checked that there have been no suspicious activities or compromises to my account.

For the specific details, see the attached images.

screenshot-20131024-052637pm.png
screenshot-20131024-042600pm.png

Has anybody else experienced this issue on the ROM or with the Cyanogenmod copy of Gapps?
Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

jamoosh

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Additionally, I was curious what CPU settings others have had success with. On mine, the default setting is 245/600MHz-Interactive. I have followed the suggestions on the original post of lowering minimum to 122MHz. When I tray to raise the maximum, it seems to be unstable, however. On my phone, the next step up from 600 is 729. Is it the same for everybody else--or are there some different variations of the same phone model, with some different capabilities?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The min is where the processor idles. The max is the max speed you allow it to obtain.
If these two are two far apart, then your processor works to hard to ramp up to the max speed which actually causes more battery drain. This also causes excesive heat to develop in the processor and the battery.

With that being said:
The best setting with Froyo and Gingerbread ROMs for performance and battery off charge times is 480MHz min and 768MHz max.
ICS and Jellybean ROMs really don't like to have the max set past 729MHz or they get freaky.

I personally use the Interactive (or InteractiveX if the kernel has it included) governor as I really don't do any graphic intensive gaming.
If your a gamer then the Onedemand or Performance governor would be your best bet with the Max set as high as it will go without Auto rebooting the phone. When done with the game the max should be set back to 768MHz (the min should never be set above 480MHz as it will cause excessive heat in the battery and processor and hasten the demise of the processor and battery).

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an authentication problem that just began--I'm not sure if it is related to the ROM--so, if you'd advise that the post be moved to a different section, by all means.
The phone keeps asking me to enter my password. I have a relatively high degree of certainty that I am entering it correctly-but it keeps popping up and asking me to re-enter.
Me Gmail, Google Voice, Calendar, Google+ all seem to sync fine. I can log on just fine on the computer.
I've never had any similar problem with my logon credentials in the past, so I don't know what's up.
I've logged into my Google account settings and verified everything--and checked that there have been no suspicious activities or compromises to my account.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!
Question: Did you check the MD5 sum of the Gapps.zip after downloading to make sure it didn't become corrupted?
Did you move the PlayStore to the SD card or use Link2SD to move it to the ext.4 partition?
What all did you wipe and format before installing the ROM and Gapps?

jamoosh

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed information.
I have it set to 480/729 now, and it seems to be behaving.
It definitely did not like 122/729 or 249/729.
We'll see how this goes. Maybe I can kick it up to 480/768.

The min is where the processor idles. The max is the max speed you allow it to obtain.
If these two are two far apart, then your processor works to hard to ramp up to the max speed which actually causes more battery drain. This also causes excesive heat to develop in the processor and the battery.

With that being said:
The best setting with Froyo and Gingerbread ROMs for performance and battery off charge times is 480MHz min and 768MHz max.
ICS and Jellybean ROMs really don't like to have the max set past 729MHz or they get freaky.

I personally use the Interactive (or InteractiveX if the kernel has it included) governor as I really don't do any graphic intensive gaming.
If your a gamer then the Onedemand or Performance governor would be your best bet with the Max set as high as it will go without Auto rebooting the phone. When done with the game the max should be set back to 768MHz (the min should never be set above 480MHz as it will cause excessive heat in the battery and processor and hasten the demise of the processor and battery).

Question: Did you check the MD5 sum of the Gapps.zip after downloading to make sure it didn't become corrupted?

Yes. In fact, it's been working fine for some time now. This just occurred suddenly and unexpectedly.

Did you move the PlayStore to the SD card or use Link2SD to move it to the ext.4 partition?

No. Play is on the internal memory.

What all did you wipe and format before installing the ROM and Gapps?

Cache, Dalvik, Data. Whatever it says on the instructions on the first page.

I think I've fixed the problem. I changed the password on my account, then deleted the cache for Google Services, then rebooted and re-entered my credentials.
So far, it seems to be working alright.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I reinstalled and now usb storage doesn't work

After the recent discussion in this thread about keeping the ext4 partition no larger than 1 GB, I wiped my phone, repartitioned and reinstalled the latest release. I then restored a bunch of apps from Titanium and had link2sd relink them.

But I can't get usb storage to work now. I tried rebooting into recovery and if I turn on usb-ms, the sdcard shows up in windows as expected and I can see all the folders and files.

Once I boot into android, I can't get the storage to show up in windows any more. I've reinstalled the LG usb driver and rebooted the computer. In the Device Manager, it shows up as LGE Android Platform USB Device and it shows up in file explorer as a removable disk but when I click on it, I get a popup that says please insert a disk into removable disk.

The driver I installed is LGUnitedMobileDriver_S498CA21_WHQL_ML_Ver_2.1. I've tried different usb cables. Under Applications->Development I have Android Debugging enabled.

It worked before I reinstalled. Did link2sd move something to the sdcard that needs to be on the phone for usb storage to work? I figured out that tasker needs to be on the phone to work properly rather than being linked to sd so I moved it back.

The sdcard is an 8 GB with a 1 GB ext4 and the rest FAT. USB storage works from recovery but not from cyanogenmod. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about that, I'm still on the 01292012 build (if it ain't broke, don't fix it), Didn't realize it was included.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
After the recent discussion in this thread about keeping the ext4 partition no larger than 1 GB, I wiped my phone, repartitioned and reinstalled the latest release. I then restored a bunch of apps from Titanium and had link2sd relink them.
How many apps? If over 80-90 you might need to bump partition size up to 1.5.
I have had as many as 78-80 apps linked with a 1GB partition with no Mass Storage problems.

I tried rebooting into recovery and if I turn on usb-ms, the sdcard shows up in windows as expected and I can see all the folders and files.
Once I boot into android, I can't get the storage to show up in windows any more. I've reinstalled the LG usb driver and rebooted the computer. In the Device Manager, it shows up as LGE Android Platform USB Device and it shows up in file explorer as a removable disk but when I click on it, I get a popup that says please insert a disk into removable disk.
Try one or all of these:
With phone plugged into computer, phone and computer on, as fast as you can turn USB debugging off then back on.
With computer on/phone off, turn phone on.
With computer off/phone on, turn on computer.

The driver I installed is LGUnitedMobileDriver_S498CA21_WHQL_ML_Ver_2.1.
I'm assuming your phone was not connected to computer during install, right? Did you reboot the computer right after install (this installs the other 2 drivers during reboot; there is five in all) then plug in phone to finish install?

The sdcard is an 8 GB with a 1 GB ext4 and the rest FAT. USB storage works from recovery but not from cyanogenmod.
How did you/what did you use, to create a new partition table on the SD card? What did you use to create the partition and format it to ext.4.

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
On a more positive note: With CM-10 ROM my sluggish opening apps where actually caused by a bad app that I had installed. Now the ROM is smoother than MiRaGe, and now just as fast.
MiRaGe still has it beat for the most amount of apps linked with the least amount of internal storage space.

Last edited:

Chris Clawson

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: I reinstalled and now usb storage doesn't work

But I can't get usb storage to work now. I tried rebooting into recovery and if I turn on usb-ms, the sdcard shows up in windows as expected and I can see all the folders and files.

What order are the partitions in on the SDcard? Do you have FAT32 as the first and ext4 as the second?

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: I reinstalled and now usb storage doesn't work

What order are the partitions in on the SDcard? Do you have FAT32 as the first and ext4 as the second?

I partitioned using the recovery as I have at least a dozen times before. Two partitions - FAT and ext4 - it always puts the FAT first. The recovery just asks you how big an ext partition you want, makes the rest FAT and then puts the ext after it. In the recovery, I upgraded the ext to ext4. I made the FAT partition 1 GB this time, as suggested by andyopie.

I wonder if maybe link2sd moved something that shouldn't be moved to the sdcard - that might cause this kind of problem. Again, I can mount the sdcard from recovery, but not from android, so it's android specific.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress