[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

magus7091

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble updating. Can someone please explain the process/ what apps to use.

It depends on what you're updating, but going under the assumption that you're new to this whole process, just read (word for word; I read about 4 guides like this word for word when I first upgraded my HTC Hero), and religiously follow this guide:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/156548-guide-2012-optimus-v-reference-guide-start-here.html
It should have everything you need to get started, then you'll also know enough of the basics to explain any issues you're having with the process. That's not intended as snarky, but if you need a walkthrough, go there, or if you need something particular you'll have to be more specific in order for us to know what you need. :):):)

magus7091

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Can we please focus on one thing. Give tdm a break :p

If you have any ideas to help jump on in and give tdm that well needed break :confused: :cool:
Seriously, anyone who has any ideas for me to try can chime on in, I just don't have the knowledge to know where to look for issues in this particular case. Unfortunately I'm not a dev... :-[

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If you have any ideas to help jump on in and give tdm that well needed break :confused: :cool:
Seriously, anyone who has any ideas for me to try can chime on in, I just don't have the knowledge to know where to look for issues in this particular case. Unfortunately I'm not a dev... :-[

I'm a linux dev, I can only do POSIX/UNIX/Linux work.

magus7091

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
And yes, I know that's an hdpi theme, it just happened to be the first thing I found large enough..
[EDIT]
Thanks, by the way, for helping with this..

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
this is odd. remember me mentioning that the OV is an omap device? well, the omap chip is the 3610, which includes wilink support. going through IHO, i noticed the Access Point ssid name default is AndroidAP, SO

i find . -type f | xargs grep -l "AndroidAP"

./hardware/ti/wlan/mac80211/config/hostapd.conf
./hardware/ti/wlan/wl1271_softAP/config/hostapd.conf
./hardware/ti/wlan/wl1283_softAP/config/hostapd.conf
./system/netd/SoftapController.cpp

which means it's NOT using bcm4325 to create an ap, only to create wifi.. just to be sure, I did a check in gingerbread's system/hardware/libhardware_legacy/wifi/wifi.c

AND SURE ENOUGH:
Code:
#ifndef WIFI_AP_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME
#define WIFI_AP_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME      "tiap_drv"
#endif
#ifndef WIFI_AP_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH
#define WIFI_AP_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH      "/system/lib/modules/tiap_drv.ko"
#endif
#ifndef WIFI_AP_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG
#define WIFI_AP_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG       ""
#endif
#ifndef WIFI_AP_FIRMWARE_LOADER
#define WIFI_AP_FIRMWARE_LOADER         "wlan_ap_loader"

SO IHO is using the TI omap wilink driver for hotspot.. i think. unless AndroidAP is the default name no matter what due to netd. idk -_-

Reactions: tdm

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I used to get insufficient space errors when attempting to download hdpi(not for our phone) .apks as well. I just decided not to do that and problem solved hah.

Sent from my LG-VM670

Reactions: tdm

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Me too. ;) It can make it kinda hard to tell folks how to diagnose issues when they run windows though.

BIG TIME, For android and general OS problems. Windows has the worst logging system I have EVER seen, it tells you nothing.

I'll do some Android dev stuff as soon as I understand how the whole thing works a bit more... just joined the android train 2 months ago :p

Thanks for the concern but I can multitask. I got 3 phones x 2 flavors and more to come. ;)

Just want to make sure you dnt die from all the work, I want that kernel ;) :p

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I FIXED BUILT IN WIFI HOTSPOT HOLY .

@TDM compile using cm9 gingerbread android_external_iptables

IT IS WORKING PERFECTLY.

ok maybe not so perfectly. it still has a bug where if you turn hotspot off, it doesnt want to bring wifi or the hotspot back up to normal and may cause a reboot, BUT it IS atleast working now partially without immediately shutting off.

edit 2: seems like it only works using the open setting without security. i added wpa2-psk and it flicked on and off again. rebooted and tried open, stayed on again. so weve got some kinks to work out BUT IT WORKS!

edit 3: regular wpa-psk security works fine, so im pretty sure its a config setting that needs to be updated. ^.^

Last edited:

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I FIXED BUILT IN WIFI HOTSPOT HOLY .

@TDM compile using cm9 gingerbread android_external_iptables

IT IS WORKING PERFECTLY.

ok maybe not so perfectly. it still has a bug where if you turn hotspot off, it doesnt want to bring wifi or the hotspot back up to normal and may cause a reboot, BUT it IS atleast working now partially without immediately shutting off.

edit 2: seems like it only works using the open setting without security. i added wpa2-psk and it flicked on and off again

This is a kernel issue, it does the same thing on bluetooth tether, we will need to wait for the 3.0 kernel.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Great work tcrider very impressive. I think hdd is probably right though, once we get the new kernel it should work or at least be close. The problem is likely that iotables is closely matched to the kernel, and it might be fixable. But I really don't want to make a frankenstein iptables unless I need to.

ganggreen30

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been waiting patiently for this Rom I'm on Godzilla for now honestly how much better or worse is AOKP. What r the perks of this compared to Godzilla?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Great work tcrider very impressive. I think hdd is probably right though, once we get the new kernel it should work or at least be close. The problem is likely that iotables is closely matched to the kernel, and it might be fixable. But I really don't want to make a frankenstein iptables unless I need to.

IPtables is a pain in the @$$ enough, last thing we need is some crazy hybrid @-@

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

well another option would be to check the differences between ics and gingerbread's iptables to see what went wrong, at the moment its just a temp solution