[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

Awid

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Probably in the wrong spot, sorry, but any thoughts on a JB release for the Optimus V/S?

Oh, and BTW I'm loving the rom! Only a reboot about once a week otherwise all is well. Thanks.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I got 1900, 2320, and 1893 on Antutu Benchmark test. I'm at the number 1 spot in the Optimus V rankings. :)
Aww yeah.

Thanks for all the hard work tdm! Awesome Rom.

btw, what governor do you guys recommend?

What build you on and what are you oc to get those kind of numbers

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!

drymarro

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
What build you on and what are you oc to get those kind of numbers

GTR, AOKP, MiRaGe, CM9, BOBZ ICS, GODZILLA, Harmonia 2.08 killing the game!!!!!!!

I am on the latest nightly: 7/15
Using No-Frills Cpu to overclock.
On performance governor
Using Minimum: 768 MHz
Maximum: 768 MHz

Last edited:
Reactions: inceyet

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Murphys law is kicking my butt on the kernel project. :mad:

Good news, I found the commit that breaks booting.

Bad news, it's a huge merge that changes hundreds of files.

So I'll need to sort that out manually unless I can find the individual commits in the linus tree.

Okay I don't know what was going on but I found how to get the individual commits. There are 8456 commits between my "good" and "bad" points. So it should take about a dozen tests to narrow it down from here. That's not bad at all, really. I can probably do that tomorrow.

If anyone is an expert at driving git, here's what I saw previously:

Code:
git log --reverse upstream/korg/linux-2.6.36.y | grep "^commit"
commit a99d17966cfa65cd1767cbddb209166c18fedc74
commit 6e57559022a2c6e3decfb77a228f8a354ac23ba1

And this shows the 8456 commits between the above:

Code:
git log --reverse a99d17966cfa65cd1767cbddb209166c18fedc74..6e57559022a2c6e3decfb77a228f8a354ac23ba1 | grep "^commit"

I haven't been using git for very long so maybe there's something I'm overlooking, but that seems strange and, dare I say it, wrong.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I got 1900, 2320, and 1893 on Antutu Benchmark test. I'm at the number 1 spot in the Optimus V rankings. :)
Aww yeah.

Thanks for all the hard work tdm! Awesome Rom.

btw, what governor do you guys recommend?

I personally recommend the SavegedZen governor. I run 844max 480min on it.
My phone usually lasts 23 hours, and no rr's.

sent from my un-dead sammich

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I wish I knew anything about developing and such! hahah all I see when tdm says all that is asdklfjadslfkj16389823983:2938y4r.lakd;fl193938.92374.9.-.adf.

hahah I just look for 'new build!' haha :) Thanks so much for what you do tdm, wish I could help.

kjmott

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
The folks with the charging issue need to get together and figure out what they have in common... different recovery? Unusual/off-brand SD cards? Aftermarket AC charger? Something about their wipe/flashing ... There must be *something* different because most of us aren't having any problems and the hardware itself only comes in 2 versions.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

I would love to find a solution to this.

I haven't given up but I think I am at the end of my ropes. This weekend I have flashed and reflashed. I ran mirages 7.2 for a day and half and then tried this afternoon to flash cm9 this afternoon and once again I have no battery charge.

I use my charger that came with my phone, I tried my wives charger, I tried my car charger. No of them work with cm9.

I guess I'm stuck with cm 7.2 until someone awesome figures out this problem. I'm not sure what else to check..

When you all flash using cannibal 1.2 touch recovery what process do you use? That may help me because maybe I am doing something wrong. Thanks guys.

Kyle

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
use the flashimagegui.apk from the play store... rename the recovery to cannibalrecovery.img (or whatever, just make sure recovery is at the end)... start the application, select recovery option, choose the renamed recovery, checkmark wipe cache and wipe dalvik, select flash image, and follow the on screen prompt when its been completed to reboot normal..

*note- i know for a fact that aokp charges if youd like to give it a go... :)

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The part of the whole ics doesn't charge bug that really boggles my mind is that it won't charge in recovery either.... Recovery and rom are completely separate AFAIK.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
The part of the whole ics doesn't charge bug that really boggles my mind is that it won't charge in recovery either.... Recovery and rom are completely separate AFAIK.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I believe drews cot uses a very similar kernel as ics.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
im waiting till later this evening before i dl aokp0715 and test... today is my daughters 15th birthday and weve been texting alot... have you merged the kernel changes so far in this build?...

hiya6972

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
you can try this one if youd like... seems ok but ive still noticed a visual artifact here and there... im gonna dl the latest nightly in a bit and ill keep messing with the prop... but theres only so much that it can do... let me know what you find... ;-)
I tested your build.prop and my phone wouldn't boot. The previous one worked well.

Currently on nightly 7/15 aokp

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I tested your build.prop and my phone wouldn't boot. The previous one worked well. Currently on nightly 7/15 aokp

it works... i ran it most of last night and half of today... its not a flashable zip... i shouldve put up a notice... post has been edited... make a nandroid if you dont already have one... extract the file and place it in /system after you rename/whatever the original... boot to recovery>wipe cache/dalvik>reboot

-and flash the attachment mabey?...

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
it works... i ran it most of last night and half of today... its not a flashable zip... i shouldve put up a notice... post has been edited... make a nandroid if you dont already have one... extract the file and place it in /system after you rename/whatever the original... boot to recovery>wipe cache/dalvik>reboot

-and flash the attachment mabey?...

What is this?

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i just dl'd it and checked it again... the only thing i had changed from the one on mine was the heapgrowthlimit... i increased it to 128m... i have edited the attachment... the value is now set to 48m...