[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Another thought I had was to make hybrid roms.

The only differences in roms between the thunderc models are:

boot.img
system.prop
Mms.apk

If I can pack up all versions of each of these and create a script to install the appropriate file set at install time, that would reduce the traffic by almost 2/3.

And if I can find a way to build template versions of these and replace the values after the build, that would reduce the build time by almost 2/3.

How would you be able to make it tell which phone it is? Do you think you could write a script for it? Sounds extremely difficult to me lol

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Phatninja55

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
How would you be able to make it tell which phone it is? Do you think you could write a script for it? Sounds extremely difficult to me lol

He could use script aserts, witch checks the phone to see if its thunderc or other boards then flashs the right files. But that would also make the zip files larger...

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I only saw someone mention ext 3 and ext 4 partitions, but does the script also utilize an ext2 partition? Because that's what I have and got my first message about space today. Market worked fine, but I was installing an app outside of it. Rebooted, then could install no probs. And there are things on my ext2 but they could be there from back in the day.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I only saw someone mention ext 3 and ext 4 partitions, but does the script also utilize an ext2 partition? Because that's what I have and got my first message about space today. Market worked fine, but I was installing an app outside of it. Rebooted, then could install no probs. And there are things on my ext2 but they could be there from back in the day.

It will still work with a 2 it's just a slower partition. A mention 3 all the time because that is the ext that is created when you partition the card through cwm. there is a write up on xda about it. I can't seem to find the link at the moment though. In terms of running script I don't believe it matters what type the partition is.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

The file /sys/devices/system/soc/soc0/build_id tells your baseband version, which should be unique between phones. I'd need to check for sure though. I know it's different between LS670 and VM670 but I don't know what it shows for the VS660 or MS690.

Reactions: sellers86

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
The file /sys/devices/system/soc/soc0/build_id tells your baseband version, which should be unique between phones. I'd need to check for sure though. I know it's different between LS670 and VM670 but I don't know what it shows for the VS660 or MS690.

Alright. Sounds like a plan

jetfactor

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting an "Error Processing Purchase" when trying to download apps from the Play store?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

that happened to me when i first flashed ICS. i think my device got confused on my gmail account, or which one to use, so i simply put my other one in and it worked.

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Can someone confirm that their but voice dialing is working? Mine was working in beta1pre3 but now it doesn't. Not sure which nightly I'm on.

Sent from my LG-VM670

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I was talking about voice dialer and not voice search. I ended up installing the dialer from betapre3 and all is good again.

Sent from my LG-VM670

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just tried this again for the first time since alpha. I'm simply blown away at how quick everything is! The last several ics roms I tried all had some cumulative lag, and this doesn't.

thus he spake.

Reactions: joerivera17 and tdm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty