[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've made 2 or 3 calls in the last MONTH!

I'm probably gonna move to a GNex on TMo's 30 dollar a month plan. Only 100 minutes (though 5GB 4G and Unlimited Text). but hey- who needs minutes!

Are you going to port the GNex to tmo? Or how are you going to do that? Didn't see that phone in the phones list. I just checked out their deals, they've definitely gotten better since I last checked. Except only 2g service in my college so I won't be doing that.

Reactions: tdm

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Got a successful CM9 multi-rom install on my VM670. The installer detected the phone baseband and model, and applied patches to the appropriate files. I'll be doing AOKP next, and then updating github and probably pushing out beta3 as a multi-rom.

I'm also sorting out the thunderc specific stuff in the Quattrimus build tree because the Marquee doesn't like it. Specifically the baseband hack. That's going to get pushed back to RIL.java and conditionally run only if the board name is thunderc. Likewise, the Marquee requires some special code to get 3G running, which will conditionally run only if the board name is sniper.

PS. The problem with my kernel was the Linaro toolchain. I guess Linaro 4.6 doesn't compile GingerKernel properly, at least by default.

TDM you are a beast man :thumbup::thumbup::D smashing the game

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: tdm

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Are you going to port the GNex to tmo? Or how are you going to do that? Didn't see that phone in the phones list. I just checked out their deals, they've definitely gotten better since I last checked. Except only 2g service in my college so I won't be doing that.

Get the GSM Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ from Google Play for 349.99 :p

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
What good is an unrooted nexus 7? ;) that thing was made to be rooted.

:)

I root my optimus V because, as stock. it's slow clunky and ugly. The benefits of root by far outweigh any negative in doing so; if there are any. Froyo compared to ICS? hands-down.

With the nexus 7, it feels like my old ipad in that it 'just works'. It's fast, it's smooth, it does everything I want it to do. In that regard, I have no reason in rooting it and putting a different rom on there, there is just not enough benefit to warrant the time....for me.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
:)

I root my optimus V because, as stock. it's slow clunky and ugly. The benefits of root by far outweigh any negative in doing so; if there are any. Froyo compared to ICS? hands-down.

With the nexus 7, it feels like my old ipad in that it 'just works'. It's fast, it's smooth, it does everything I want it to do. In that regard, I have no reason in rooting it and putting a different rom on there, there is just not enough benefit to warrant the time....for me.

Very true. The only reason I rooted my OV was because I figured there had to be a hack to share the 3G data with my computer (I was so naive those many moons ago). I wouldn't have rooted otherwise probably, but now... 12 months later, I think I'll hack anything I own.

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Very true. The only reason I rooted my OV was because I figured there had to be a hack to share the 3G data with my computer (I was so naive those many moons ago). I wouldn't have rooted otherwise probably, but now... 12 months later, I think I'll hack anything I own.

I've been hacking all my devices since the original PSP. I hacked and flashed custom firmware on my PSP when I was first 12 years old. 6 years later, I'm still going strong. :)

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: inceyet

vm_760

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been hacking all my devices since the original PSP. I hacked and flashed custom firmware on my PSP when I was first 12 years old. 6 years later, I'm still going strong. :)

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

Not trying to tell my age or anything but been hacking hardware and software for a long time. Can anyone remember the Sega genisis and the PC games Diablo and Diablo 2? Lol

But now leaving all of it for the new generation of geniuses. Like all the ones on the forums here :)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to tell my age or anything but been hacking hardware and software for a long time. Can anyone remember the Sega genisis and the PC games Diablo and Diablo 2? Lol

But now leaving all of it for the new generation of geniuses. Like all the ones on the forums here :)

I'll do you one better. I was intrigued by the embedded Z80 assembly in Leo Christopherson's "Dancing Demon" for the TRS-80 Model I. I learned Z80 assembly shortly after. :p

Speaking of the Genesis, my six year old has recently graduated from Angry Birds to Sonic the Hedgehog running under Gensoid on the Nook Color. I may try to find a Fantasia ROM next. ;)

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll do you one better. I was intrigued by the embedded Z80 assembly in Leo Christopherson's "Dancing Demon" for the TRS-80 Model I. I learned Z80 assembly shortly after. :p

Speaking of the Genesis, my six year old has recently graduated from Angry Birds to Sonic the Hedgehog running under Gensoid on the Nook Color. I may try to find a Fantasia ROM next. ;)

Lucky. My seven year old won't play simple games like that. He wants to have the newest Lego games, star wars games etc. And he always wants me to play with him, but all he does is boss me around and yells at me. I can't wait until he is a little older, so i can beat him at madden or MLB the show, and show him who is really boss

sent from my Nokia 5110

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Lucky. My seven year old won't play simple games like that. He wants to have the newest Lego games, star wars games etc. And he always wants me to play with him, but all he does is boss me around and yells at me. I can't wait until he is a little older, so i can beat him at madden or MLB the show, and show him who is really boss

sent from my Nokia 5110

Lol, sounds JUST like my 12 year old. He'll go from LEGO games to Silent Hill and Resident Evil. From one extreme to the other. We actually argued because he thought Super Mario Bros. is boring. My wife said i was worse than him, because his excuse is that he's 12 :eek:

Sent from my Zombie ICS-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

K

kobequintana

sent from my Nokia 5110

Lol my little bro dose the same exact thing to me

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Last I heard, the kernel compiled but didn't boot, not sure if he could get a logcat, and he has stopped working on it for a little bit as he has various other projects. Like ics for the marquee for example

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My Motorola stereo headset pairs and operates fine. But previously the phone had it listed by make and model number ; now it's just a series of digits. Don't know if that's significant.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Wheellzz

Wheellzz

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
My Motorola stereo headset pairs and operates fine. But previously the phone had it listed by make and model number ; now it's just a series of digits. Don't know if that's significant.

Yeah.... my LG had shown as it's MAC address, the Sony's don't even show up at all...I've set the phone to be visible to other BT devices, tried rebooting it, and the headphones, waited until headphones had a full charge, no dice...

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
just did a clean install of beta 2 + amphetamines + gapps+new voice search. been a minute since ive been on this rom. adding amphetamines and changing the governer to 480/748 w/ savagedzen made a huuuge performance difference. phone is ultra responsive now, i love it!

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
just did a clean install of beta 2 + amphetamines + gapps+new voice search. been a minute since ive been on this rom. adding amphetamines and changing the governer to 480/748 w/ savagedzen made a huuuge performance difference. phone is ultra responsive now, i love it!

Where did you get the gapps with new voice search in it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer