[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

kirurus

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
No screenshots, sorry. Unplugged my phone at about half past noon on Sunday, left it on and unplugged until about quarter to two this afternoon. I have no reliable battery monitor app.

Sent from my Quattrimized Abacus.

I could see 48 hours with no charge with like 0 usage of the phone maybe.

nichobrooks

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a persistent issue with cm9 (quattrimus, bobzhome, CAI). I've tried them all and the same issue comes to the surface. Every time I leave my phone unattended for a while (off the charger of course) it will enter a comatose state ( black screen, and no buttons responding ( power key, volume rocker, camera, the one next to the camera, menu, home, back and search)) and the only way to get it going again is to pull the battery out and back in.

Does somebody else struggles with the same issue? And.if you are not sure, try leaving your phone on overnight without the charger plugged in. Also silent mode, set an alarm, wifi and BT off.

I would really appreciate feedback on this because its the only thing making me go back to cm7

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

EDIT: I installed BobZhome latest CM9 version with the new kernel and deep sleep fixed and I can report that the issue is gone, thanks for your replies.:)

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Will this ROM get an updated kernel like Bobz? I can overclock on his latest release, but not on CM9. Need offline charging or I'd stick with BobZ CM9.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Read my posts on the subject.

Short answer: maybe, but not any time soon.

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Not until jb. CM9 is baked. The next ics build will be a multi rom, and there might be a couple more fixes in it.

Since you brought it up, are you paying any attention to the Jellybean work that BobZhome is doing? Looks like he has something somewhat stable at this point. Maybe there are some fixes that would be useful to bring over to the ICS Quattrimus roms?

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
No screenshots, sorry. Unplugged my phone at about half past noon on Sunday, left it on and unplugged until about quarter to two this afternoon. I have no reliable battery monitor app.

Do you have an extended battery?

I see no way to survive 2 says using 3G on ICS. ICS battery life is worse than GB. Especially with these deep sleep issues

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you have an extended battery?

I see no way to survive 2 says using 3G on ICS. ICS battery life is worse than GB. Especially with these deep sleep issues

No, no extended battery; and I've typically had slightly better better life with ICS than with GB. But, I will concede that I may not use my phone every minute of the day and?gasp!?leave it in my pocket, unused for minutes at a time!

Er, tongue out of cheek now, someone else noted that how much it's used matters, and since I haven't (yet) installed games or an ebook reader, my battery draw is probably a bit lower than that of a typical user.

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I could see 48 hours with no charge with like 0 usage of the phone maybe.

I assure you, I used my phone, even rather often, but as noted in my previous post, I am currently limiting what I install on my phone; and that is, I part, an attempt to bolster my battery life.

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I have a persistent issue with cm9 (quattrimus, bobzhome, CAI). I've tried them all and the same issue comes to the surface. Every time I leave my phone unattended for a while (off the charger of course) it will enter a comatose state ( black screen, and no buttons responding ( power key, volume rocker, camera, the one next to the camera, menu, home, back and search)) and the only way to get it going again is to pull the battery out and back in.

Does somebody else struggles with the same issue? And.if you are not sure, try leaving your phone on overnight without the charger plugged in. Also silent mode, set an alarm, wifi and BT off.

I would really appreciate feedback on this because its the only thing making me go back to cm7

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I see this every once in a while. When it happens I Just push the power button one more time and leave it alone.

It either wakes up after a moment, or soft resets.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Since you brought it up, are you paying any attention to the Jellybean work that BobZhome is doing? Looks like he has something somewhat stable at this point. Maybe there are some fixes that would be useful to bring over to the ICS Quattrimus roms?

Yes, I am aware of it.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I see this every once in a while. When it happens I Just push the power button one more time and leave it alone.

It either wakes up after a moment, or soft resets.

I can verify this behavior. Mine does it periodically, like a couple of times a week. I don't worry about it too much, if it always worked right it wouldn't be nearly as much fun to tinker with! :D

sent from the hip.

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else been able to reproduce his mileage? 48 hours is quite a feat.

I probably could, but my phone is always on flight mode while I'm at school, the radios kill my battery. By the end of the day tho I usually have 60% left. I could try it this weeknd.

Sent from my hot ice cream sandwich