[GUIDE] How I ported roms?

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
How I Port Roms

PREREQUISITES :
* Base rom(CM7/CM9)
*Rom you want to port(Must be MDPI I believe)
*7-zip or Winrar

OPTIONAL: APKtool if you want to fix MMS

STEP 1:

Open Base Rom,

If CM7: Delete Apps, Framework, and Media
if CM9: Delete Apps, Framework, and go INTO the media folder, delete everything but the EMD files.

STEP 2:
IF CM7:Copy Apps, Framework, and Media from Port, to Base

IF CM9:Copy Apps, Framework, And audio folder.

MIUI: Copy Everything in the media folder except EMD files
STEP 3:
Go into bin of both roms, Copy EVERYTHING from Base, to Port. Next, copy everything in Port to Base. This will fill in missing files.
STEP 4:
Go into etc/Init.d/ in both roms. Copy EVERYTHING from Base, to Port. Next, Copy everything in Port to Base.

STEP 5:
Go into etc/Permissions in both roms. Copy EVERYTHING from Base to Port, then Port to Base
STEP 6:
Go into etc of both roms. Copy other files(NOT FOLDERS) from Base to Port, then Port to base.

STEP 7:
Go to Lib of both roms. Copy all Lib files from Base to Port, then Port to Base.

IF it's a special rom, you need some other files. (Search XDA if you get problems)
STEP 8:
Go into Xbin of both roms. Copy all from Base, to port. Then Port to Base.

After those are done, you should be able to flash the BASE rom with no problem, and enjoy the ported rom. :)

Post #2 will be Hotfixes(MMS, How to include Tweaks properly, etc)

I'll add screenshots when I get a chance. :)

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Sneaky_1

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
What devices can you port from? Could I port to the Optimus Slider? Or port in from something like the Nexus to the OV? Are there limitations.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Here is a new version of Apktool, the project was taken over by iBotPeaches because Brut.all stopped development.
This explains sooooooo much! Now I can decompile systemui the right way for ICS! :)
What devices can you port from? Could I port to the Optimus Slider? Or port in from something like the Nexus to the OV? Are there limitations.

You can attempt. Won't hurt. Stock based roms won't boot though.

CM7, 9 or 10 :)

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

The nexus is an hdpi armv7 device. You can port, but you'll have to resize every single image to mdpi and recompile every single binary for armv6. And there will likely be some more issues too.

Typically. When porting you stick with the same screen size and CPU instruction set. If you have an hdpi armv7 device, port from hdpi armv7 devices. If you have a tegra tablet, porting from other tegra tablets is easiest. If you have a crappy mdpi phone with an obsolete armv6 CPU, you know what to do.

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have op V and op slider. And I have been waiting for some fun with slider. And... just waiting :( ; kind of interesting to see the huge difference between op V and op slider, where the slider is supposed to be the big brother, but not much custom ROMs.

bun

Sneaky_1

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
[Q] When you are copying from base to port, are you overwriting almost all of the files in the port folder with the base files? Or are you skipping?

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Writing Over. By doing so, it will fill in missing files if for apps. Like if your missing a lib for quickpic. It'll fill it in, and the app will work now

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2