[ROM] NOV-10-12 | ICySnap v1.0 PILOT | LGUI 3 | ICS 4.0.4 | SCOOP SOME ICE CREAM

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
First impression: awesome! I love the animations. Taskbar is kinda cool. I can't seem to find the launcher options, I'd like to cut down to 3 home screens and hide icon labels. Idk if i missed that somewhere. Weather widget is really nice. So glad you used theKraven's ics as a base.

Thanks so much for this! Really great job!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

Pinch the screen to see your home screens

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll try to see what broke HQ. Could be multiple files, or just me doing something wrong.

Rom has Black in Black in some places, and Launcher force closes on reboot, or rotation.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Also, launcher is 5 dock, feel free to fill it ;)

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Reboot. After adding Google Account, it should add the play store.

If not in app drawer, check all apps in settings. If its there, wipe data on launcher.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like the system partition is getting to full for all the gapps to flash

Edit: if someone wants to try... get the vending.apk from the gapps zip and try adb pushing it to /system/app/ you could also use a root file manager to do it but without play store even that's not the simplest

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

serialrage

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Sniffle, its still a no go. Google services are all there, but there are no apps. I really do love the rom otherwise though.

Try Wipe Data, wipe cache partition. Under Advanced submenu, wipe dalvik-cache. Then under Mounts & Storage submenu, format all partitions EXCEPT /sdcard, then reflash the rom, and then flash the gapps and see what happens. I do this procedure everytime even though it is not necessary in all cases. Usually fixes most of my problems.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Using twrp
I wiped everything (except SD of course) and I had no problems flashing gapps.
Aside from a couple reboots this has been running fine on my phone since yesterday

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I too flashed and had no play store. Strangely enough, I had a copy of the sgapps on my phone and flashed them on top of the other gapps and everything has been fine

pellik333

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Trying this now. If a no-go, I'm gonna try pushing the play store with ADB, then install TWRP. If none of it works, gonna blow up my phone and regret it later.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
What settings are you using for this?

I've been running all day at 480/600, InteractiveX with no reboots. I always have to bump up the minimum on ics and jb.

I still love this rom. I'm not quite sure what to use the taskbar for, so I ignored it all day. Maybe tomorrow I'll work on setting it up so it would be more useful for me. I suppose i could hide all my apps in there and just have widgets on the desktop. It'll take some getting used to, but it could be cool. I love the gray background on the messaging app. I can actually see the time under the messages.

The only bugs are the ones with CAI - wifi tether (obviously), camcorder. I watched one hq video, which looked fine. Which thread had the good test videos? No blank screens with gmail or fb yet, but those don't always happen right away.

My only request, and i don't know how you could do this, would be a way to hide icon labels. I really don't like them, but this launcher is so nice otherwise, I don't wanna switch.

Also, i think you missed out when you didn't call it snap'wich. Just sayin'. You picked an amazing rom to port for us. Thanks, TGL!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

snobro

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
For those having issues installing gapps, I have a solution, having realized that the ROM takes up so much of system memory.
Download Titanium Backup from their website, Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site
Use it to uninstall some of the apps that came with the ROM, such as Memo, aLogcat, anything you don't see yourself using.
This will free up space in the system to allow you to install gapps.
Then reboot into recovery; wipe dalvik cache and cache. Then flash gapps. Reboot your phone, and Play Store should show up in your app drawer.
This method worked for me.